My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first it seemed like it didnt want to get up to full speed, then it didnt have the power it used to, and now if I let it idle for a few seconds, it backfires through the carb and shuts off.

sound like a sheared key? **** neighbors wait a month until they want they're grass cut, and it is a foot high by then.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're mower is down now.

I think maybe you should have them look into finding a brush hog service instead of tearing up your equipment.

P.S. I hope it's just a keyway it should be an easy fix.

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
runs like it did before. the plug I pulled out didnt look all that bad, but I put a new one in and it is fine. maybe the resistor went bad or something.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
these engines run dirty and will foul a plug easily. try a diff brand of oil and make shure air filter is clean -if any doubt -replace it. been running these engines 22 years and have seen it all.use a ngk plug and not a champion. i used to gauge oil quality by these engines-if it fouled plugs -on to something else. merc quicksilver was great in these -and everything else.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I agree change the oil you're using and make sure you have the mix correct, if it still fouls the plug you can go to a higher heat range on the sparkplug.

Thats the great thing with NGK they have half steps in the heat rating.

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree change the oil you're using and make sure you have the mix correct, if it still fouls the plug you can go to a higher heat range on the sparkplug.

Thats the great thing with NGK they have half steps in the heat rating.
ok, i will mess around with that.

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep in mind also that NGK plugs get hotter as the number goes down, just the opposite of other manufacturers.
yes, i know. what if I put A BM4A or a BPMR4A in it? I know the manual says to use a 6, but would a 4 be too hot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts