My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Question 1. Changing transaxle oil: I did it at 50 hrs (as specified in manual), but do not see it in the book again. When do you have to do it again?

Question 2. "every 100 hours or annually" (according to manual) I need to replace the fuel filter. Do you guys replace the fuel filter that often?

Question 3. When it says (for oil change) "every 100 hours or annually" how strict is that if I do not put 100 hours on each year?

Hope I ain't askin' too much:thanku:

·
Super Moderator
29,539 Posts
1. every 200 hours after the initial change

2. honestly i buy the maintenance kit for my X500 and i toss the fuel filter in my bin for later use. only actually change it every couple years, and i put 100 hours a year on mine.

3. oil breaks down and gets contaminated due to age as much as use. change it at least 1x per year and be safe. it's a few bucks, much cheaper than a rebuild!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I change my fuel filter when I can see visible debris in it or when the plastic shell starts to discolor. This usually is much less than 100 hours. The last time I changed my fuel filter it had a fly (?) in it. I usually change my engine oil and oil filter at 50 hours or yearly, but that usually works out to spring and fall.

Mark

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
Deere and Tuff Torq say you're good to go another 200 hrs on the transmission. Fuel filter depends on it's condition and to a lesser degree the quality of gas used (dirt, water, etc). I'd change the oil yearly, even if you don't get to 100 hrs. Used oil can eat the engine and clean oil makes it happy. Filters, oil and even plugs are a cheap tune up.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My JD dealer will do that. I just change the oil. Everything else I leave to them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts