My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people purchased the 5 year or 6 year service plans when they bought their new John Deere? The 2 that I've owned have both lasted ten or more years without any problems... seems like the plan would be a waste of money. On the other hand with the new machines being more complicated and probably not as heavy duty... it may be worth the price for a little peace of mind. What do you all think?

Jon

·
Registered
848 Posts
Didn't get one or even know one existed when I bought my LT166 in 1998. I have had no problems with it so it would have been a waste of money. Just bought an X300 and didn't get one. What does it cover? The engine oil change is so easy on these tractors it would be a waste of time to take it into the dealer. Unless I am missing something I wouldn't waste my money on a service plan.

·
Super Moderator
35,973 Posts
Service plans are like insurance, until you need them they are a waste of money! You may never realize any recovery from one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not really sure what it covers. it says:
"John Deere Extended Service Plan - 6-Year Option

6-year extended service plan. (2- years of extended service protection);
6-years of warranty transportation."

don't know it includes service or just extended warranty? it costs $629.99... seems like a waste of money to me.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,455 Posts
It's been a year since my purchase, but I think it was just an extended warranty... I thought that service was extra, because scheduling dealer yearly service (at their place or yours) costs somewhere between $200 - 300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts