My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a selector valve to my 220. I added a second cylinder to raise/lower the rear sleeve hitch so now I need to tie it in. I modeled it after the cub cadet style of sleeve hitch lift. Not the pretiest out there but it will work good for what I need. I did loose the ability of the center pin hole on the hitch but I don't have any attatchments that require that pin hole any ways. I then mounted the selector valve on the right hand side of the pedestal figuring that was as good a spot as any. I hope to be able to snake the hydraulic hoses down inbetween the engine and pedestal. The valve was a bit larger than I needed but it was one I had on hand, as well as the rest of the fittings and adapters that are on it and the cylinder so I can't complain. I was hoping I had some fittings on hand to match the case but I do not. I need to know what size the fitting is coming off of the implement lift on the TCV so that I can buy a T and and an adapter to make it to NPT.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The 5 JIC tee isn't that hard to find but one with a 1/4 npt fitting like Case uses is a little harder.
The outfit I deal with had them for about $10.
http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat...l_Fitting_Interchange_With/R6X-S/5_R6X-S.html
http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat...SAE_Hydraulic/Straight/FP-FJX/6506-04-05.html
Those links don't work for me.

The tee I was referring to is the one Case supplies for the 3pt kit. It has no NPT threads, just 3 JIC, two male, one female swivel. I've only found a couple of sources, other than Eastman.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Just search 5 JIC swivel tee.
It's been awhile since I added the three point and I may be remembering wrong but I thought it had one male NPT on it. It may have been that I wasn't using the factory hose and needed to adapt to NPT.
Granted the 5/16 JIC isn't common but it's not extinct. Clarkson and Tompkins both had them in KC.
Here's a screen shot off the link.
http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat...l_Fitting_Interchange_With/R6X-S/5_R6X-S.html

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I too could not find that swivel that easily so I just removed the straight fitting from the valve and used a more common non swivel tee in it's place. I do remember that I had to file it a touch (like 1/64" or so) to get it to clear the large travel nipple right next to it since I did not feel like removing that large nipple.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the last of the fittings in tonight and got them on and tested it out. It works! No leaks and it even was able to lift my 225 lb rear up and down fine. I do have to make a little heat shield to go by the hoses before I use it too much more because I routed all of the hoses for the valve down through the steering pillar so they are a little close to the exhaust pipe. They sure don't leave any extra room in the steering pillar! Pics to come tomorrow.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Glad it worked out for you . That looks like a handy setup, looking forward to the pictures for sure.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I ran into a schematic of a set up like yours, I was thinking of doing something similar to my front end loader. I would use one cylender at the 3 point (A), and the double valves (B) at the front end loader.
but by looking at the schematic you get the idea.
let me know what you think, would it work?

As of right now, if I want to use the 3 point, I disconect the bucket curling cylender, (quick couplers) and I use a piece of Angle Iron cut to lenght to keep the 3 point up off the ground while releasing the pressure.

Let me know what you think? :thanku:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ran into a schematic of a set up like yours, I was thinking of doing something similar to my front end loader. I would use one cylender at the 3 point (A), and the double valves (B) at the front end loader.
but by looking at the schematic you get the idea.
let me know what you think, would it work?

As of right now, if I want to use the 3 point, I disconect the bucket curling cylender, (quick couplers) and I use a piece of Angle Iron cut to lenght to keep the 3 point up off the ground while releasing the pressure.

Let me know what you think? :thanku:
You could do that but personally since its a loader I would do it right and add 2 valves for the loader and then leave the stock lift circuit for the 3 point if you don't plan on using the mid lift ever.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some "finished" pics. I need to paint it this weekend yet. I was able to use a piece of aluminum for the heat shield-it was a muffler heat shield off a car I no longer have. I will test it out with my rear blade this weekend. Then I have to put the mower deck back on and make sure the hoses are clear of that.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.