1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
MOM is that you MOM?

·
Registered
517 Posts
The little black ones don't bother me much but the big brown ones make me nervous. :eek:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Those can be a real bear to get off your property....

:sorry1: I had to...

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
do you think full throttle on the tractor would be enough to scare off a bear?

i would definitely not want to run into a bear while mowing, 8 mph isn't going to get me very far, especially if i have to stop to put it in 4th first. :Stop:

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's best to be careful even with black bears (which by the way come in several colors!)We don't have "Real bears "(AKA Grizzly)out here But they usually scare of very easy unless you been feeding them or some else has the danger is when they become desensitized to humans Black Bears Can do just as much damage as a Grizzly but usually will run away if confronted other than a mother with cubs.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sweet! That's a beauty. There are far worse neighbors than black bears. Bears break into stuff for food not to sell your stuff for meth or heroin and they don't usually carry guns stolen from your neighbors. Never seen a bear hitch up my trailer to a pickup and drive off!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
They're getting pretty common in the Western NY area now (Buffalo area). My inlaws just had a bunch of bird feeds/hangers/poles totally mangled by one recently. No pics of him/her though!

Joel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts