My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large frame tiller that is in outstanding condition, but I don't have a drive shaft for it. I'd like to be able to use it with the 1476 I am rebuilding and re-powering, and am looking for someone that might have an extra large frame tiller drive shaft in their spare parts pile.

If you have one you'd be willing to part with, please shoot me an-email with a price, and we can figure out the best shipping method.

Thanks,
Steevo

sdwike at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have a mangled one you can have for free. It has grease-less bearings that are shot and has been extended for an 1886 short frame model. If you know how to weld, it would be a good project, you could replace the bad section with new pipe and replace the bearings. I'm located in Wenatchee, WA so shipping wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justin,

That is a very generous offer indeed. If it has 15-spline yokes at both ends, I don't much care what is in between, and in fact you could hacksaw out the middle so that the two ends would fit in a US Post Office flat-rate box, and I'd be a happy camper.
I'll pay postage and for your time and effort to ship it. Just let me know where to send you a check.

Thanks,

Steevo
sdwike at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I will check it out after work and if possible, will do that and send you an estimate for shipping. I have paypal but it's up to you, we may want to eliminate the middle man on such a simple deal. I'll get back to you after work.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin,
I have a Paypal account and would be fine with paying you that way.
Anything that works for you is ok with me.
How about $20 for your trouble, plus shipping costs?

Steevo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts