My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just trying to see if anyone has ever put a second valve body on one of their mowers. I have a 318 and have an h2 valve body off a tractor I stripped down. I was thinking about installing it to setup an independent 3pt hitch but just trying to see if anyone has did anything similar.

Thanks

Jetski

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Yes they have but mostly use a H3 valve off a 140.:trink40:
Not sure about room to mount another H2?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah room is going to be an issue, haven't went as far as that yet, but I also had thought about having it somewhere farther back. Mainly just trying to see how I would have to run the lines off the other body or column to get a better idea where I could place it.

Jetski

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
You could try using an H3 setup off of a 420 or 430 like some others have done.

·
Red Plaid is Timeless
987 Posts
I did that to my 400 that was already an H3 so I could have a separate control for my deck lift and 3PH. Tucked it under the fender and it works good.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did that to my 400 that was already an H3 so I could have a separate control for my deck lift and 3PH. Tucked it under the fender and it works good.
That's exactly what I had in mind. Is that just a standard h2 body on its side or did you use something different?

And if you could show how you tied it into the existing system it's be appreciated.

Jetski

·
Red Plaid is Timeless
987 Posts
I don't really have any pictures of hose routing. And I don't have a clue how the flow works on a 318. I picked up this valve off ebay and it came from a sandtrap rake. It looked like the right thing (open spool) and what little info I could get seemed like it would be reasonably compatible to a 900psi/4gpm system with all standard #6 ORB ports-the same size as the JD valve. I think is is a pretty standard dual valve body with some neat lever blocks.

I interrupted the flow between the main valve and the steering valve. So I made up a little longer hose that comes from the out (power beyond) port on the main valve and ran to the input side of the new 2 spool valve. Then I came from the "out" port of the 2 spool and went to the "in" port on the power steering assist valve. The most work was fabricating the mounting bracket so that the valve was up real close (without touching) to the fender/seat pan and give me the most room in the wheel opening for chains.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, definitely gonna have to do some more research on this one. I just went out and looked and I think i can mount the valve body on the inside of the frame and then run levers through the frame then up through about the fender pan about the same place as yours. Seems like it will end up being a winter project but we will see. Part of why I'm looking into it is I want my deck lift and 3pt to be separate from my front ports. Also I want a set of ports for the rear for a hydraulic dump trailer I'm building. Either way ill be posting when I undertake the project.

Thanks again

Jetski

·
22,341 Posts
If you can find a MF1450/1650/1655/1855, check out the valve mount under the right fender.

It's easier to squeeze hoses between the frame and fender pan than to run valve control linkages through the same area.

Route the lines as grandpajay suggests. Personally, I'd be more tempted to to put the power steering as the first control in the circuit, but that depends on the overall layout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts