My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am sitting on my 2305 and lean to the right to watch the BB as it lowers, the bottom of the seat rubs on the hitch control lever when I move it towards the back. This makes it very hard to let the BB down slowly so I get just right amount of ground engagement. I realize that if I were 50 or 60 lbs. lighter this probably would not happen. But it does and I have been trying to figure out how to stop the interference. I have bent the control lever out (right) as much as I can but the seat rubs the lever on the horizontal portion. I am considering gluing a chuck of sheet rubber to the bottom of the seat where it rests on the rubber bumpers. I don’t think it will take much as I said if I am sitting up straight it does not rub. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this and if so what you did to fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clint, I had the same issue, plus the CFO could not reach the petals. I took 2 pieces of 1 inch square tube about 14 inches long and bolted them between the seat bottom and seat bracket. That raised my seat up so it never hit the levers again, plus by positioning the tubes about 4 inches forward, the CFO could then slide the seat forward enough to reach the petals. Cost about $10 including paint and about 2 hours work. Sorry I don't have a pic. I did this back in 2007 when I bought my 2305 and have had no issues since. My dealer even copied the idea and started using it on every 2305 he sold when the owner complained about this issue.

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I don't have a pic.
I sure wish you could take a picture and post it as I have looked at my seat and don't see how to do this. My seat is bolted to the mount only in the front (hinge arrangement). Unless you mean you raised the whole sliding mount up.

I have a thick rubber pad between the bottom of the seat and the rubber bumpers now to lift the rear of the seat (where the interference is) but would like something more permanent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts