My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got mad at my seat. The bushing were coming out of it and making the whole suspension flop for left to right and front to back. Plus the tab on the seat the holds the seat to the suspension was loose. IT was bad enough that the switch would lose contact. I know this when I rebuilt the tractor but the dealer wanted $300 for the seat suspension. I decided to save my money. I was going to put the SE seat on but my pocket book did not like the price of the JD one and bu the time I ship the one form Northern tool is was not much less in price (Live in Canada). One day I have no idea why but I looked up a seat for a X595 and noticed that I could get a new seat and the suspension for about the same as just the suspension for the 455. SO that is what I did.

Old Seat

Old suspension

Close-up of one of the bushings coming out of place.

Suspension for a X595

And new seat installed.

The suspension sets a little higher, so I might have to make the wires going to the switch a little longer. Took it for a test run made a world of difference.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU slkpk

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Looks great good job!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think it is a better suspension than the original? Not condsidering yours was wore out - but a better design?
Yes I think it is a better design, and cheaper to buy. It seem to ride better then the 445-455 in the past that I had used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts