My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sears 14-6 a few weeks back and I am wondering if there was a tiller made for that tractor? Do any of you all know if there was? I'd like to get one if it's possible.
Tractor is a 1977 model
Joe

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
ah, the 4 stroke that thinks its a 2!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh just a little top end lubricaton:fing32:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
I thought that was for mosquito control!!
Thats what my dad always said too! We had one with a motor that literally shot perfect rings of smoke from the muffler! There was never a mosquito around then!

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Not cheap"........What is a REASONABLE price I'm going to be paying for one and exactly what do I ask for when I'm am advertising for one? Just ask if anybody has a rear tiller for an older Sears garden tractor?
Joe

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
well they come in different sizes, i know of the 30" and 38" models, i dunno what other sizes.. the 38" ones tend to go for more money. if i was in the market for one, i would be comfortable spending up to $350 for a good running one

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
well they come in different sizes, i know of the 30" and 38" models, i dunno what other sizes.. the 38" ones tend to go for more money. if i was in the market for one, i would be comfortable spending up to $350 for a good running one
are you sure of the sizes hugh? i think mines a 36" or 38" and i think small fry's is a 42" or 44". off the top of my head. the bigger one has outer tine carriers. price wise? hard saying. i'd quit bidding at 150 for a small one and probly 225 for a big one. both in useable shape. but some people REALLY want em and will pay double that. i got mine cheap, cold wet day:thThumbsU hugh has a walk behind that could be converted REALLY easy.

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fellas.I'll look around. Somebody has to h ave one someplace. Patience is the key.
Joe

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i suppose i could dig mine out and mesure it......................

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i think small fry's is the largest one they offered

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Mine was $65 without an engine, but it came with an 8" sears plow and the 3 point with sleeve adapter so it wasn't too bad.
One day I'll even get the 1966 Suburban painted to pull it.

Attachments

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Mine was $65 without an engine, but it came with an 8" sears plow and the 3 point with sleeve adapter so it wasn't too bad.
One day I'll even get the 1966 Suburban painted to pull it.
You need to get a gear trans for that.

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
If you are willling to make a trip to PA, I know a guy, PM me for more...

·
cletus's tractors
405 Posts
i amk in williamstown wv i have one for 170.00 with an 8 hjorse engine but it needs belts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts