My Tractor Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1174 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
^ Yeah, my Dad bought it when I was in college, used it a couple of times, then stashed it in the barn and forgot about it when he bought his first Power King. Now that we've sold our property, I'm cleaning out the old power equipment and this is the one mower I'm keeping. Have a big pile of PK stuff (2+ tractors, several implements and a big pile of parts) I'm getting rid of, but for now I'm trying to get rid of ALL of it at once. I say this because frankly there isn't enough time in the day for me to run back/forth from where I live to where the stuff is located to sell a piece here, a piece there, and in the end wind up with a bunch of stuff I can't get rid of and have to haul off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
20170520_133943.jpg

20170520_133957.jpg

20170520_134006.jpg

I just got this today for $100, this is my first ever garden tractor and I plan on using in for my wife's garden. By my searching it is a 1970 SS12. I will post some questions in a different thread. Model is a 917-25550 and serial # is 8755.

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, I would like to get some more attachments, but don't know how well I can find them in the south.

I need to clean out the fuel tank and I believe she will crank, put a new battery in there and she wants to fire up.

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts
Thanks, I would like to get some more attachments, but don't know how well I can find them in the south.

I need to clean out the fuel tank and I believe she will crank, put a new battery in there and she wants to fire up.

Attachments are to be had. There are quite a few on local CL in my neck of the woods. I'd start there with your search and if you can't find any you could always make a wanted post on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on where you are I can help you out on some attachments. I'm in the Nashville area. I have several implements that will fit basically anything with a cat0 3 point hitch. In addition to the same moldboard plow you have, I also have a nice 4-foot 2-row disc harrow, a nice Sears branded box scraper, and a 5' boom/lift pole. My dad used them on a Power King tractor, but will fit the Suburban as well. If you search Craigslist in Nashville for "Power King" you'll see my various ads. I'm trying to get rid of all of it, and I have quite a pile.

·
Just another Lawn Boy nut
108 Posts
Here is a picture of my repaired SS12.

Got this tractor originally from the widow of my Dads best friend. It was missing a bunch of parts when I got it. So it's now kinda a Frankenstein, with the Ebay parts on it.

Regrettably I sold it about 5 years ago because we lived at a small house with no yard. But I had the chance to get it back about a month ago because the guy I sold it to was moving and didn't want to take it with him. Unfortunately he had neglected it and the motor was locked up.

Repaired the engine and now it's running again, spent way too much money on this. But it has sentimental value to me. Still going good for 50 years old.

Posted some of the rebuild pics in my albums.

Now if I could find a MF7 to replace my first tractor that would be cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is my new to me 1967 suburban hydro-trac.. it will be going through some modifications and end up similar to Fearless fronts machine on YouTube. ( except the diesel engine ) I have a new engine gasket kit and some Chinese ATV ignition parts on the way so hopefully it runs when I'm done!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts
Here is my new to me 1967 suburban hydro-trac.. it will be going through some modifications and end up similar to Fearless fronts machine on YouTube. ( except the diesel engine ) I have a new engine gasket kit and some Chinese ATV ignition parts on the way so hopefully it runs when I'm done!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
aww please don't offroad a hydrotrac- where do you live? I'd trade you a geared one to offroad if you're close to massachusetts.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts
This is inside my new garage- I don't have all my tractors in this picture, but I currently have 19 complete ones (i think) and two parts chassis.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts
Here are some recent pictures.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts
and a few more...

Attachments

·