My Tractor Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1174 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,516 Posts
This is my 1973 SS-16 with Onan Twin engine. I bought it used in 1977 (including snow blade and chains). It is all original. Only the hood has been repainted (decals are original). I use it as my winter tractor. The snow thrower (bought new in 1981) is the envy of all the neighbors.

For anyone looking for old Sears catalog tractor information (1970-1993):
Sears Catalog Archives URL (found on Craftsman / Sears - Tractor Forum)
Sears Archives
Enjoy,
Nice! Did the hub caps come with it, or were they sourced elsewhere? Like the blower:thThumbsU

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks. Front and rear hub caps did come with it (baby moons). The front hub caps are on in the picture, but what you see on the rear are home made wheel weights - each about 35 pounds of lead from car tire wheel weights.

·
Premium Member
9,516 Posts
Thanks. Front and rear hub caps did come with it (baby moons). The front hub caps are on in the picture, but what you see on the rear are home made wheel weights - each about 35 pounds of lead from car tire wheel weights).
Have to ask, want to sell the hub caps?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't. Sorry, Larry. They are far from perfect so you would probably be disappointed anyway.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,241 Posts
Been riding "Old Girl" to a local event this weekend. Going again tomorrow, 10+ miles round trip, and not a lot of places to break down.
straight out of 1979 :thThumbsU

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have purchased a SS/16 I think it is a 1974 model. It came with a dozed blade which is missing some parts. I was wondering if you know the dimensions for the push strap . It attached to back frame of blade and to bottom of front axle of tractor. The model no for blade is 917.253331 46in . Part no 634A264. . Thanks

·
'66 Sears Suburban 12
100 Posts
Rescued this one from my dads shed. I'm going to restore it this summer. Not sure if it's a '69 or '70?

Complete with mouse nests.

The engine is going to get build as soon as I get some more parts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have purchased a SS/16 I think it is a 1974 model. It came with a dozed blade which is missing some parts. I was wondering if you know the dimensions for the push strap . It attached to back frame of blade and to bottom of front axle of tractor. The model no for blade is 917.253331 46in . Part no 634A264. . Thanks
Dirtdaddy,
I just saw your request from May - it may be too late, but maybe this diagram will help.
Good luck,

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just pulled this 1971 out of the barn after a 25 year slumber. Aired the (original) tires up, added some fresh gas, a hot battery, and a small shot of ether was all it took to get it up and running.

1121 - 1140 of 1174 Posts