My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to point out to any Sears collectors, this is NOT a Sears Suburban Super 12 tractor engine as the guy has it advertised as.

I don't know what it is for, but it sure isn't a tractor.

Cheers.
- Joe

Sears Engine Link

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
its peeerty though! why do you say its not tractor-able? short of the fuel tank, it looks like it'd work fine.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
thats not pull start

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Joe. :thanku:

What do you think it goes to ? A big tiller perhaps ?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up Joe. :thanku:

What do you think it goes to ? A big tiller perhaps ?
With the stepped PTO, it appears to be something like a grass power flow engine or something similar, where the fan mounts away from the block with enough room for a housing to be added. Possibly a tiller with reverse.

- Joe

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm posting this huge closeup pic of my NOS Tecumseh HH100 engine for comparison. I will guarantee this engine to be authentic since I bought this new and it arrived unopened in it's shippibng crate. It had never had oil or gas and needless to say had not been started. I still have it, and it is not for sale. This is for direct comparison only. Sorry, this is a huge pic for close up viewing.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I just got PM'd for more info about this engine. And, no, I don't take any offense that anyone would want validation about my engine. I don't blame you and I think it's a very reasaonble question. So, here ya go ....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm posting this huge closeup pic of my NOS Tecumseh HH100 engine for comparison. I will guarantee this engine to be authentic since I bought this new and it arrived unopened in it's shippibng crate. It had never had oil or gas and needless to say had not been started. I still have it, and it is not for sale. This is for direct comparison only. Sorry, this is a huge pic for close up viewing.
I would like to see the PTO shaft size, and know what model tractor you bought this for. According to the serial #, the engine is a 1983.

If for a newer smaller lg tractor, it will have a 1" shaft, straight with no step. If a Suburban, ST, GT, type tractor it will have a 2 7/8' x 1 1/8" shaft, straight with no step.

As far as the one for auction, there is no doubt it is an engine made for Sears, the questionability comes in with the PTO shaft. Its also weird with the shroud for a starter, and pulley for starter/generator.

- Joe

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
I just got PM'd for more info about this engine. And, no, I don't take any offense that anyone would want validation about my engine. I don't blame you and I think it's a very reasaonble question. So, here ya go ....

Nice pictures Earth! What kind of camera you use?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I would like to see the PTO shaft size, and know what model tractor you bought this for. According to the serial #, the engine is a 1983.

If for a newer smaller lg tractor, it will have a 1" shaft, straight with no step. If a Suburban, ST, GT, type tractor it will have a 2 7/8' x 1 1/8" shaft, straight with no step.

As far as the one for auction, there is no doubt it is an engine made for Sears, the questionability comes in with the PTO shaft. Its also weird with the shroud for a starter, and pulley for starter/generator.

- Joe
It is a 1" shaft. The original plan was for a Sears Custom. The Custom I had came with a 1" shaft. Now the engine will be going on a Sears Suburban. I'll just put a sleave adapter on the shaft, and use a Suburban 10 HP engine pulley. The shaft length is fine. The shaft is not stepped or tapered. Also, the gas tank is an exact fit for the Suburbans with the Tecumseh engines. The gas tank will be moved to the battery tray. The ignition is solid state so I hope to install a hydraulic pump and resevoir where the stater/generator typically would be found. I'll get around to it sooner or later. Obviously I am a little slow.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I just thought of something. The engine doesn't have any Craftsman decals or model number. The mounting holes are an exact fit for a Suburban and probably other makes and models. Also, the oil drain plug is in the front and not the side of the engine. I was surprised that the engine muffler is notably more quiet than today's generic mufflers. They look the same, but I can assure you they aren't.

You say it's a 1983? No matter how many x's I used the calulator the engine comes up to be 27 years old / new. Which means I'm headed to the prime years of my life. Prime time? The **** engine looks better than I do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts