My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
Well I Finally Got A Chance To Get Some Pics Of The Beast, And Please Don't Think I Am Trying To Brag or anything i am just excited.... It's Not the cleanest but it's not just sitting collecting dust anymore either. but might get a new paint job and cleaned up this winter:drunkie: I scored the beast out of a guys yard for $350 with the mowing deck which was so rotted, i lost a mandrel when dragging it on the trailer and an extra set of wheels and tires 26x12-12 ag's. I had to do some rewiring. Replaced the front tires with some deegee ag's, replaced an axle seal. mounted the rear wheels that came with it. Bought new 55# weights for it. replaced all the fuel lines and and twice on the filter..thanx small fry. replaced the original seat with a pan seat. removed the 3-point arms because i have to fix the actuator which is on the to-do list. fixed the hood, not the greatest but it works. lubed everything. still have to change all the fluids and filters. I have a snowthrower for it In The Shed that I got from Mr.Chic. I Am going to get it ready for winter also. but i think the beast is ready to haul some wood and blow some snow this winter

heres a pic of the motor and the repair job on the hood

And This Is the next project on the list it's a 78' gt/14 varidrive. It was my wife's grandfather who owned since it was new. I gave $200 for it with 42" mowing deck, 3-point hitch, 10" plow, dozer blade and chains. It was garage kept since it was new and really was only used to plow snow so I don't think I did too bad. I Got All New Tires For it, ag's all The Way around. Just Got TO Get Them Mounted. Got A New Set Of 55# Weights For It Also. I got the seat off of the suburban. The Tractor quit running on me the other day, so it's in need of a good tune and clean up. It was 100% original when I got it. I put the ag's on it that are on it now, I bought them at a yardsale lol I lost out on that deal. I got all the original paper work and even the receipts with It.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
GREAT find on the 19.9:thThumbsU I picked up a Sears GT16 a while back, the 3 point actuator on it wouldnt work either. Took the cover off the gearcase, removed the gears, no luck. Looked like the motor was shot. Figured what the heck, it's already broke, so I tore into the motor. The thing had a lot of rust particles in it, and the magnets had broke loose from the case, and a brush spring was broke. Off to the hardware store for some epoxy and a brush spring. It was a PITA but I got everything back together correctly and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round......Here is a thread on actuators to maybe give you a couple options: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=108484

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
wish i had a 19.9 thats awesome!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts