My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a onan engine on my tractor that i repainted and iam putting it back together and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how the coil is wired up does the points wire go to the positive side or the negative side of the coil thanks for the help Dave.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Points is the ground, so negative.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
yep- points go to - side of coil. Plus goes to ignition power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot for the help i hope to get it running this week i painted it and went over everything hopefully it runs good because the tractor was completely apart when i got it from the original owner who bought it brand new and decided to restore it then lost interest in it thanks and have a good week Dave.

·
Registered
378 Posts
thanks alot for the help i hope to get it running this week i painted it and went over everything hopefully it runs good because the tractor was completely apart when i got it from the original owner who bought it brand new and decided to restore it then lost interest in it thanks and have a good week Dave.
Got any pictures? :thThumbsU

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not yet but iam working on it i can tell you it is steiger green and black iam a big fan of big 4 wheel drive tractors so i decided to paint it like one but i will have some pics soon.Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts