My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new to these forums and I admit I am a Case tractor guy. I do not know anything whatsoever about Sears tractors/mowers/etc. But, I have an old mower that came with the property that I bought and I don't want to junk it if it might mean something to a Sears person. Here are the numbers on the tag and a few pictures.

The motor has no spark, but it will turn over and has compression. Any info on what I have is appreciated.

Model# 502-250891
Date Mfg. 7116

Attachments

·
Gun Toting Democrat.
144 Posts
HOLY SH*T! I have the same tractor right down to the model number. It's made by Murray. It's a '76, just like mine. Red white and blue stripes are the giveaway. They did it for the bicentennial. My grandpa bought it new and used it to drag logs out of the woods. He took the mower deck off immediately so he could get through narrow paths. I put it back on, put some gator blades on it, put gauge wheels on it and *** it cuts nice. I did all kinds of stuff to it. Got the original motor too. I'm gonna get some pictures on here sometime soon, I swear. I would encourage you to get it going. If you are going to get rid of it, I might want the transmission.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is interested in it for parts or a restore, let me know. I paid $155,000 for it (with a 25 acre piece of land thrown in for free). Maybe I have that mixed up a little! I'd hate to see this thing in a pile at the dump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts