My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Do you have a local TSC? I bought mine at tractor suprise for my SS/16 and RT-13 for around $15 each. Usually when I buy a new item on evil-bay I look at the amount sold. There's a little "other item info" box on the right side under seller info. If multiple have been sold its more than likely a good product. - Brad

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they have the ignition switches at TSC with two large posts like the one in the link? The one I need is for a starter/generator type.

500th post :)

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
I'm not sure, You'd have to check their site. They have similar ign switches like that for tractors in the farm equip section. The old allis-chalmers, fords, etc used those. If the switch on ebay is the one you need then buy it. Like i said, If its not a popular seller, The amount sold history would be low. - Brad

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Like 73Searstractor, said you have to look at the amount of sales also 66888 sales is alot of items sold bound to be a few bellyaches in that bunch I looked though 22 pages of feed back and only found 1 neg and 2 neutrals not bad for me. Also think that you maybe able to get the switch at a tractor parts place for less money.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do they have the ignition switches at TSC with two large posts like the one in the link? The one I need is for a starter/generator type.

500th post :)
Why don't you add a starter solenoid to the cir-cute then you will not be running all that starter power through the switch, After that i used a toggle switch for power, starter push button switch for starter and another toggle for lights. Paul

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
I did not have any problems with him when I purchased a carb kit from him. As for the switch, I too would suggest adding a starter solenoid, but keep a key switch in as it simplifies the many toggle switches and takes up less space on the dash.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I need this ignition switch for my '69 SS 12.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEY-IGNITIO...441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e722d31
Has anyone bought one from him before, if so did it work for you? Was it actually new? Some of his feedback is not the greatest so I am leary about getting one. Do you know of any other places I can get a STD-365401R ignition switch. Thanks for the help.
=========================================================

I have bought a few things from him in the past. Never had any problems. However, you can buy 2 switches for that price at this site.

http://www.milfordpower.com/R2942-AYP-Roper-Sears-365401R-Ignition-Switch-p/r2942.htm

John

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
I have bought from him, no problems but not one of these switches. I would third the solenoid if you want a different switch- I like keeping them original though.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I would toss in a "fourth" to adding a solenoid on the circuit and halt the path of full power running through your starter switch. Going forward the switch should last longer and be better for a future availability.

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I want to keep it original, so I am going to order one from the milford power link. Its $18.30 shipped, alot better deal then the ebay one. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts