My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this GT 16 two weeks ago and planning on making it decent again. This is not going to be a full restoration but will get new paint etc. First thing is cleaning it up and beef up the front axle. Engine will be a B&S 18HP twin I had already rebuild for another lawn tractor that's gone now I found this garden tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I think about any Murray GT spindle will work in place of your, from about 76 to 89. they didn't change very much. I have three Murray GT's that look just like your Sears. You can Look up them Member "Bush Bone Yard" He can tell you more about what will interchange with your tractor. I hope this helps you. BTW Great looking tractor, you don't see many of them.:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
716 Posts
looks like a good project, but that garage seems way way to clean!!! lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to paint it without removing the rear end but decided that it would just make it harder on myself. So, removed it anyway for ease of cleaning and (spray) painting. Hope to get the frame itself painted tomorrow and then the rest will follow slowly.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Very cool , it is looking good

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On another note....does anyone knows what the second smaller hole is used for towards the back? Of course the big hole in the front is for the engine but it looks like the second hole is for maybe a accessory like a hydraulic pump or so?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Little more painting and re-assembly, next step is sanding and painting the hood/grille base which is not going to be fun especially the inside... After that, the wheels. Also, this tractor was missing the panel that goes between the "dash" and the large black panel, anyone has that part?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts