My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to MTF and small tractors. I am in need of a fuel tank and dash console for a 917.257080 SN is 1378B05280. I have no idea what will interchange. Any helpful sugestion would be appreciated. Thank, Bob

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts
it would help if you post pictures of the stuff you need , i have some parts still available .

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Ebay, those tanks pop up a lot but the dash is harder to find, but they do show up on ebay. They made a few models that were the same parts 76 to 79. You can tell by looking at them.

SHD that is a Suburban style tractor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is that the tank has the fill on the left side, and fits under the seat. I'm not into posting pictures, and I don't know how to text either. Bob

·
Premium Member
9,605 Posts
Well Bob, try Searspartsdirect.com Without Picts or more Info the members here can't help. Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found out that the fuel tank part # is the same for a GT 19.9 and a GT 18.
Thanks Small Fry. Bob

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Bob, I'm pretty sure that searspartsdirect will not have that tank. If they do, you'll encounter a ridiculous price tag for it. Send Joe at Joe's Outdoor(member here and an e-Bay powerseller) an e-mail. He's had a number of them pop up from time to time. Same goes for the dash. Those plastic dashes are normally a shoot out on e-Bay and go for quite a bit since damage is pretty common. Depending on how bad it is(post a pic), you could do a repair. Mine was pretty bad, but I was able to repair it without having to spend a lot.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
Sears ss16 dash

I would put this dash on there only because they don't break easily like the plastic ones on the GT's - I had a perfect plastic dash i was gonna put on my GT18 but decided to put it on the 18/6 i am restoring, and put a fiberglass one on my GT- changes the look a little, but i like the older ones better

I didn't see any fuel tanks on Ebay currently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts