My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can let my tractor run at all different throttle levels and nothing happens. But as soon as I try and drive around the yard the tractor will die and won't start back up for a little bit. Then I let the tractor run for a while and it will do the same thing again, runs fine at a stationary postion at all different throttle levels but as soon as I take off the tractor will die again.

I am think the problem is the float.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might try looking at coil/electrical problem rather than carb problems. Maybe a loose wire when the unit moves?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the brass float from that site already. i am just waiting for it to arrive so i can put the float in.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Gotcha, while your at it, check your throttle linkage

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
when you move the throttle lever up and down, check to see whats moving and what, if anything isnt. I can post some pictures tomorrow. Just make sure the cable on the throttle butterfly on the carb is moving

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
when you move the throttle lever up and down, check to see whats moving and what, if anything isnt. I can post some pictures tomorrow. Just make sure the cable on the throttle butterfly on the carb is moving
Yes, the butterfly is moving I checked that already.

What about the gas cap vent?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts