My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sears 14-6 I bought a few weeks back has a switch for "electric assist". Do any of you know anything about these things? I'm assuming they work on the rear attachments? Dang, I don't know very much about the tractor other than it came with all the attachments I was looking for. The lift for the cultivators, disc and plow is the handle type. I'd like the electric assist if I can find one. Heck, if I even saw one maybe I could fab one from hardware.
Anybody got any bright ideas?
Oh, by the way. I just found TWO sets of wheel weights, chains front and rear tires and wheels. Bought everything.
Joe

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
nice find. my 10/6 has the same switch and wiring out the back, but no lift ram.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently purchased this electric lift for my tractor. Uses this switch.
It uses a 2" receiver hitch. Laughs.. I can even use them on the front and back of my S-10. It's really worked out well for me and seen hours of use just this past weekend with having to clean up the place after the pulp wood crew came in and cut the property and screwed up the driveway.
So far, I've used it with a sears landscape rake and a brinkley-hardin scrapeblade.

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Real nice unit Wolfscout but I"m just too dang cheap to fork over that kind of cash. That's a pretty slick setup though. I'm going to study this a little and see if I can't cob something together. I don't believe I'll need the "power down" feature. Just let the weight of the attachment do my lowering for me.
Joe

·
Registered
933 Posts
I just ordered a 2000 lb 12v winch from Harbor Freight for $40. Gonna eliminate the remote and wire it into the electric assist switch. I'll have to fab a mounting plate for it, but should be easy enough. Actually, 2 mounts, I want to be able to use it the front for snow blower/blade, and rear for the 3 point hitch once I find one. 2000lbs is way overkill, but for $40 bucks, what the heck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts