My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
danny91
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a custom 8xl in a package deal along with a custom 7 and some wheel weights and a 3 point hitch. Didn't really need any of it but the price was good so I couldn"t pass it up. My question here is will a starter generator from a custom 7 work on a custom 8xl. For whatever reason the guy I got the tractors from had 2 starter :thanku:generators that are supposed to be for the 7 (delco remy model# 1101699) and nothing for the 8xl. I went to the sears website and they show the custom 7 with one part # and the 8xl with a different part #. I'm unsure of the year on the 8xl (model# 917.25490) but the 7 comes up as a 1970 (model # 917.25460). Is there any real differences in these starter generators ? Thanks and any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I am pretty sure they are all the same. I put one from a JD110 on one of my suburbans, put one from a Tecumseh HH120 on a briggs 14 HP and they all worked fine.

·
danny91
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking and hoping for so I didn't have to find and buy another one. I know the one on my 69 ss12 (tecumseh hh120) is the same as what's on the 70 custom 7 (Tecumseh h70). The hh120 is alot closer to the same engine as the hh80 that's on the custom 8 so I figured it would work but just wanted some more opinions. Didn't wanna mess anything up just got it running the way it's supposed to. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
PICS please!!! :thThumbsU

Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts