My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am trying to get some information on the actuator used for the sears electric three point. There is several types out there that could work for replacement.
I could guess that I need one with at least a 4 inch movement and a weight capacity of 500-750lbs? (Loaded).
Can anyone tell me what make and model they have used to replace the original,(which sears wants 424.00)!Greed?
Also, are these lifts really that functional or are they slow and more of a novelty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
they are slow, but nice especially with the bigger attachments like tillers and stuff. they have no down pressure though, but like when using the turn over plow they work fine as long as you have it set up right. i have one on my main tractor the actuator works but is getting weak. i need to know the actuator length too

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I found this part number EAV20A and a whole parts breakdown , but no one has any information? Almost better to go with Hydraulics and build a whole system with a new pump?
All the electric actuators the right physical size are not rated the right wieght class, like what this guy has in this picture? There is no-way that actuator will lift my rear blade or the rotospader! This actuator is 116.00 new and the holes were probably drilled out to fit the pins! (bolts)?
Should be 1/2 clevis pins...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
They are 4 lift and 12 inches long when closed. They rate them by load and static load. Go by the load, at least 250 that would be 500 static load. The biggest problem is most actuators this size are 2 inches around and won't fit the sears hitch tube. The hitch in the picture don't have the tube so it won't matter.

Down pressure is not needed, even most of the new compact tractors don't have down pressure with the Hydraulic lift.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
did you buy the roper electric hitch off ebay? I put an offer in and the guy never replied after like 3 days so I retracted it- great customer service

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well considering sears attachments weigh alot less then cat 0 and bigger, down pressure can be a big plus, which i said above that these do not have down pressure which is not needed if the attachment is setup correct.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Your right there might be a time when down pressure would be ok. The problem with down pressure is you loose traction real easy with these little tractors. It also needs to be able to float as the tractor goes over uneven ground. Some guys have set them up so they had down pressure. It didn't work as good as they hoped.

Member Earth did it with a suburban. He talks about it in post 18 of this thread.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135093&page=2

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
it would be nice if there were an easy way to have down pressure and float kind of like the jb sleeve hitches without modding the sears hitch other than some sort of bolt on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I found this one thusfar it seems like it would work. I know it's the lift pins that I'll have to customize make sure the impliment drops low enough due to the 2" lost on the actuator closed length. (10)

12 VDC 4" STROKE 500 LB. LINEAR ACTUATOR
New, heavy duty linear actuator. ACME screw drive with built-in overload clutch. Metal housing is water resistant and sealed against dust. Permanent magnet motor. No limit switches or potentiometer.

This is fairly priced at 114.00 shipping included.

SPECIFICATIONS

•Stroke 100 mm (4")
•Voltage 12 DC
•Push/Pull Ratings
Dynamic 500 lbs. max

Static 1000 lbs. max
•Extension Speed
No Load 0.71 in/sec
Max Load 0.51 in/sec
•Amps
No Load 2
Full Load 24

•Duty 25%
•Enclosure IP65
•Pin Holes 1/2"
•Retracted Length 10.24"
•Shaft Dia. 1-1/8"
•Size 11.24" x 3.04" x 5.97"

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
I found this one thusfar it seems like it would work. I know it's the lift pins that I'll have to customize make sure the impliment drops low enough due to the 2" lost on the actuator closed length. (10)

12 VDC 4" STROKE 500 LB. LINEAR ACTUATOR
New, heavy duty linear actuator. ACME screw drive with built-in overload clutch. Metal housing is water resistant and sealed against dust. Permanent magnet motor. No limit switches or potentiometer.

This is fairly priced at 114.00 shipping included.

SPECIFICATIONS

•Stroke 100 mm (4")
•Voltage 12 DC
•Push/Pull Ratings
Dynamic 500 lbs. max

Static 1000 lbs. max
•Extension Speed
No Load 0.71 in/sec
Max Load 0.51 in/sec
•Amps
No Load 2
Full Load 24

•Duty 25%
•Enclosure IP65
•Pin Holes 1/2"
•Retracted Length 10.24"
•Shaft Dia. 1-1/8"
•Size 11.24" x 3.04" x 5.97"
Do you have a link for this actuator?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anytime!
The test was fairly good, however- the lift rods will have to be shortened by two inches. Perhaps I can find a pair of adjustable links in the 10 " series?

The stroke is shortened due to the gain in the actuator's height,(2"). It lifts in 3-seconds.
I just used the switch and plug from my tank sprayer so I had to switch the leads on the battery for reverse polarity, no switch yet!
The actuator does have a grunt towards the end of the lift but it will click to let you know it's done moving!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
You're making me a little more comfortable. I'm using the same actuator to lift my 250# Berco snow thrower. It worked great the one time I got to use it this year but I worry about long term durability. Seeing it lift your rear attachments with ease is a good thing!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may look at the lift leg on the snow thrower and see if one of these can made to fit? The rotaional force is the issue. You should be good to go on the Berco. Let's see how long they last? Maybe buy a spare while there' cheap!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.