My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of Sears plows a couple of weeks ago for a good price knowing I'd have to adapt them to my Cat 0 3-pt hitch or pull them another way. After my dog failed to be an alternate pull source I figured I'd better fab something up

Fabbed a couple of adapters yesterday. The hardest part was drilling 1/2" pipe out to 5/8"ID so if you have a source for 5/8" ID pipe I'd go that way. All it took was a couple of pieces of 3.75" long 5/8" ID pipe and 2 Cat 0 pins and I had some adapters. I cut the ends off the pins and plug welded them inside the pipe then drilled the pipe so they could pin on the plows without having to permanently modify them.

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the dimension on the Sears? I am thinking 21" is standard cat O.
Not counting the pin length my drawbar is 19.75" between the inside of the bushings on the 3-pt arms. The Sears is 12 1/8".

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: ronin70

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: Ariens93GT20

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Impressive work there!

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
With these plows the drawbar isn't used. My receiver hitch adapter is bolted to it.
Find another drawbar and stick ball mounts on it to fit the original Sears pins. It will also allow you to move the plow sideways for alignment if needed.
I adapted the sleeve hitch on my plow to slide into the receiver on the tool bar. It puts the tool bar below the plow mount by 4" and doesn't work well. So if you consider my suggestion keep ground clearance in mind.
I am going to have to look into bumper mount receivers to see how close the mounting bolt holes are before simply fabing one up. I will have to make a top link mount anyway so the fab route maybe the way to go for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts