My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a sears 18/6 tractor. It has a power lift toggle switch on it. What was this used for? Just looking for a little more info about this.
I hit the switch and nothing moves or no electric motor sounds???

·
Registered
870 Posts
Your "new" tractor is factory wired for the optional electric 3 point hitch. Unless your tractor has one attached, it just looks pretty on the dash.

:rolleyes:

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have one of these electric 3 point hitchs they would want to sell me? That would come real handy with my box blade.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I most of the time like a manual 3 point better. The electric ones have no down force. That is just my opinion though. I have a long handled one. the short handled ones are a little tougher to lift.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Plowthesidewalk is correct (of course)

Neither hitch I posted from eBay is complete. (I took a quick glance at the picture (which shows the complete hitch including the top link))

Thanks for keeping me straight.

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
You mean I said something right?????? LOL!

I like the plain old manual lift hitches also. My old ST16 work tractor has an extended handle somebody welded on to the original handle. It works great when lifting the really heavy attachments. There's a long piece of PVC stuck on the handle but it works okay. LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Now DirtDog has a electric Lift on the Red Rooster, it works Great with the Cat. O grader blade he has on the back of it. Yes Plow you are not the only one that like a manual lift, LOL!!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts