My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I'm looking for people who have a garden tractor bolens ltx 14 hydro (garden way) model 13113, to discuss this engine.

thank you

:howdy:

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Would you happen to have a picture of that one? Somehow it does not sound familiar. Is this a newer model?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just found 3 Service seminar manuals on GardenWay/Bolens/Troybilt dated 1993, 1995 and 1996. I need to see what is in them yet, but, I hope they may help.

I'll unload soon. :fing32:

:kens:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Garden Way became the parent company of Bolens and Troybilt.

The manuals I found are dealer reference manuals that cover many specs, paint colors, tires, engines, belts sizes and mounting directions, etc. Some covers back to the 40's/50's Bolens up to it's current year print.
Includes Iseki, mowers, walk behinds, chipper/shredders, mulchers, etc. A wealth of info.

Who should I direct this to to add to the sticky section for everyone to use?

:dunno:

:drunkie:

·
2k Sarcastic Post CLUB
2,233 Posts
The manuals can be gotten at MTD manuals. The 13113 is 14hp peerless vst 205 hydro.

here is the link for the parts manual put 13113 for model number and serial number you have. If you do not know your serial number just put in 10001.

http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/Public.do

I would think the 14 hp might not be a vanguard because the model 13113 was the entry model of that year. the 13114 was 16 hp. the 13115 was 18hp. The 13115 was also the Eaton 751 hydro.

The IPL does not list the engine options, like in some years. I know on model with B&S engine has a label right on top, for easy identification. Which you can get the engine manual at this link... http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/manuals/engine

Those manuals above a great references. the 13113's manual date is 10/97.

I will say the 13113 model years are similiar to my ltx 13104; which is a few years newer. Cannot figure out the model number sequence. But they are in the same model STYLE and the operating manual should be similiar.............so at least for now use the link above...........but put in model number 13104 and serial number 10001 and download the Operators Manual.

Krsworld.......you are correct........there is a wealth of information in those models for decades of bolens tractors.

·
2k Sarcastic Post CLUB
2,233 Posts
this link is closer to your model.............its a Troy-Bilt 14 hydro with a date of 2/17/98.

http://www.hammerwall.com/Download_Manual/70800/

Same similar style..........and it had a 14 hp Vanguagd Single with same model peerless hydro. The model specifications are in the last couple of pages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Bolens fans, how can a southern boy from Mississippi find parts for a 1947 bolens ride master. I had one givin to me and I would love to be able to restore it.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just found 3 Service seminar manuals on GardenWay/Bolens/Troybilt dated 1993, 1995 and 1996. I need to see what is in them yet, but, I hope they may help.

I'll unload soon. :fing32:

:kens:
I'll try again to upload these manuals.

++++++++++

I see the files exceed the upload limits allowed.

:hide:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
krsword: or i can download these documents?

jack2181: thank you ca are very similar, the same part numbers to see.

The tractor is this:

years: 1999
Engine: 14 hp briggs stratton vanguard
Transmission: Hydro Techumseh Perless vst 205
Electromagnetic blade clutch
mulchnig only 38" model : 14104

thank you to the fans, forum users

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello Bolens fans, how can a southern boy from Mississippi find parts for a 1947 bolens ride master. I had one givin to me and I would love to be able to restore it.

Sent from the MTF Free App
Not sure you will get this message being a guest to the forum. Are you looking for info on a Bolens Ride-O-Matic? Or is that a Ride Master that has the bicycle chain steering that looks like a trotters buggy?

:dunno:

·
Registered
844 Posts

The tractor is this:

I sent them via email to the Admin of this website. They will soon put them in their archives for everyone to access.

:trink39:

·
2k Sarcastic Post CLUB
2,233 Posts

The tractor is this:

Basically the only difference is Green instead of Red.........and a different HP Vanguagd. I also have all the manuals to the accessories I have. That I will try and get uploaded here. If that helps you too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basically the only difference is Green instead of Red.........and a different HP Vanguagd. I also have all the manuals to the accessories I have. That I will try and get uploaded here. If that helps you too.
Basically the only difference is Green INSTEAD of Red ......... with 13104 ???

yes all the details are good to know

thank you krsword

·
2k Sarcastic Post CLUB
2,233 Posts
Basically the only difference is Green INSTEAD of Red ......... with 13104 ???

NOT with the 13104. WITH the 13a145f063 (the model in the manual link)

But similar to many models. The 13104 is similar as well. In body style, same hydro. Weird though is that the 13104 is 2 inches longer wheelbase. And a few attachments are NOT for the 13a145f063.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts