My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tried this stuff? Good? Bad? Results? Concerns?

Attachments

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Great stuff, many of the lawnboy guys use it for cleaning the engine of carbon and for PM. That being said, I use it every time I fill up the gas can.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you guys for the responses.

In my experience I have found that most products that work great on Gasoline engines, don't work well with Diesel engines, and vice versa. My concern is the same with Seafoam. It claims to work great with both engines, but I am skeptical.

Know what I mean?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It truly is great stuff!! I have used it to pre-fill diesel fuel filters to clean the injectors, and make it easier to bleed. It is also a great carbon cleaner, and works well to remove moisture from fuel. I used it in my kubota diesel over the winter to make sure it would keep starting. And it did without being plugged in at 15* below zero F. They also have a couple other good products. One is Deep Creep. It is basically seafoam in an aerosol can. Easier to spray into intakes for cleaning carbon. It also as the name implies is a great penetrant. It works really well if you slightly heat the seized nut to aid the creeping effect. They also have a product called Trans Tune, which is great for cleaning up automatic trannys. But it will also work in hydraulic systems to remove moisture build up before changing fluid. Then when added to the new fluid it will help to restore seals, and aid the lubrication of the hydraulic pump.

Bob

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
Its a fine product for use in diesel engines. Ive never tried it in a gasser, but ive only heard good things.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts