My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
Yes, 1025R has cruise control. I THINK the dash setup is different in order to accommodate the cruise mechanism, but dont quote me on that. The position control is also very nice. I would assume that could be added to the 1023E. My 1025R was a 2015 model TLB. It had plenty of power, I dont know that the extra HP is necessarily needed, but it was nice to have. I am sure in jobs like rototilling it would be nice, I never had a tiller for mine though.

3,131 Posts
The new tax laws affect people in New Jersey. You can't write off your state tax or portion of your property tax over 10K. But maybe after a year in the new house get a home equity loan, interest only, for as much as you want and buy whatever you want. That's still a total write off. When I purchased a house back in 1980's mortgage rates were 15 % and car loans were 20 %. I was house poor for a few years. So, your lucky, rates are attractive now. Good Luck on the new house.

Don

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agressor-

Beware that IF you decide on a MF and IF you want a backhoe at some point down the road you will need to purchase at the time of purchase as MF will void the warranty adding an aftermarket BH after the fact, and the MF branded BH will not work on a unit not purchased with the BH at time of purchase.

this has been my hold up on pulling the trigger of a purchase as the MF is on my very short list for consideration. The one nice thing with making the initial purchase is that is you decide to sell the BH you will definitely make your money back on the sale of that implement.

In the quote I received on a GC1720 it was beyond competitive with the green and orange units, the dealer is above board in supporting the deal, so I just need to decide if I want/need the BH. (thinking I really need it, big kid with big toy(s))

Brian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Obviously it's not the same, but today in a backhoe discussion someone mentioned a tow-behind BH, which I hadn't heard of. Nice to know that there's such a thing available as an alternative down the proverbial road.

3,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
The new tax laws affect people in New Jersey. You can't write off your state tax or portion of your property tax over 10K. But maybe after a year in the new house get a home equity loan, interest only, for as much as you want and buy whatever you want. That's still a total write off. When I purchased a house back in 1980's mortgage rates were 15 % and car loans were 20 %. I was house poor for a few years. So, your lucky, rates are attractive now. Good Luck on the new house.

Don
The standard deduction has doubled, so many folks who have itemized in the past won't be itemizing their deductions at all for this year.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts