My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:duh: Just replaced it,and noticed that the old one had a knife edge and the new one is square edged. Did the old one wear that way ? I never noticed until I took it off Darn, I hope it's alright . Being dumb isn't fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yep, starts out sqared off and through use and contact with the cement,tar or gravel, develops sharp edge. new one will too and not too long if you set it low...

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks Dan. I was hoping that was it. Hated the thoughto ftakingit off and sharpening it. *whew ! :fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,625 Posts
Has anybody tried a rubber edge like the plow guys are talking about in the JD forum? I'm thinking a rubber strip would reduce the gravel scraping that my blower does in the driveway. I have half pavement half gravel, so setting my skids is always a challenge; high enough for the gravel is too high for the pavement and vice versa. I think I'll try this in the spring when I scrape and repaint the rust. The lady that owned my Berco before me let it sit in a salty snowbank by the road when she was trying to sell it, so it needs some work and I should probably take off the scraper edge to paint anyway.

·
Rider on the Storm
892 Posts
oldtimer, do you have your skid shoes set so the scraper blade just makes contact with asphalt? That's how I have mine currently set on my Rider's 42" Agri-Fab blower, and it worked out pretty well... but I've used it for only one storm thus far. You appear to have had your unit for a number of years now.

How have you have yours set and how has it worked? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts