My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in another thread I was asking questions about getting this old girl running. Seems I've trumped the problems with various sensors, wiring, etc. Motor turns over fine now - it's the Kohler CV16s 15 horse motor btw.

I've soaked the Warlbro carb three times and blown out various passages. Darn thing still doesn't seem to be delivering fuel to the cylinder. The bowl is filling with gas. The little solenoid at the bottom of the bowl is operating correctly. I hooked this to a battery and grounded it and the piston moves in and out ok.

I checked for spark by grounding the plug against the block and I'm getting a nice spark. Additionally, I sprayed some carb cleaner into the intake throat and it started and ran briefly. So I'm dead sure for some reason fuel isn't being delivered correctly by the carb.

Please help guys, I think I've had this carb on/off like ten times, this is getting old!!

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Carb will just have to be taken apart and clean the passageways. If it gets gas into the bowl, it is after the needle valve that is stopped up. But make sure there is good flow into the bowl, however. No drip drip, but good flow. I've had what appeared to be good flow, but the filter wasn't allowing enough flow to keep bowl full.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm positive flow into the bowl is good, the filter is brand new. Whenever I take the fuel line off gas just spews out pretty quick. As for cleaning it again I'm used to jets that either screw in or press out readily. This brass jet for this carb MAY be cocked and that's why it's not coming out. I'll see if I can get some pics to help identify the carb tomorrow.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
I remember you saying something about that main jet. That shouldn't be cocked over like that. Someone may have cross threaded it into the oping. I don't believe that would stop flow, but might affect adjustment for the fuel air mixture, but I wouldn't think it would stop flow of gas. Unless something under it is blocking the passageway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I got her running!! I only had to take the carb off 1 more time to clean it again! The choke is working, slow, fast throttle, everything. Now I just have to figure out why I can't engage the mower :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts