My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Scotts L2048 that I upgraded to a K66 transaxle last fall - works great!! I thought I would keep the L2048 until it crapped out but I now find I have an opportunity to buy a JD GX345 with a snowblower so I would have to sell the L2048. Here is my dilemma - a Scotts L2048 with 250 hours on it won't bring a whole lot (maybe $800 to $1,000?) even though it's extra clean and well maintained. To get the "value" out of the machine I need to find a buyer who knows what a K66 upgrade is and what it will do vs. the stock K46. Any suggestions and/or advice? Maybe part it out?

Thanks for your help!!!

Oh, by the way, the L2048 has a bagger and a snow blade, also.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure the answer to your question. Best advice I guess would be to sell to someone who knows what a K66 is. Not sure the value of the K66 alone but you wouldn't get much from the B&S Intek or deck.

FYI, i had an '02 L2048 with a little over 300 hrs. I sold it 2 years ago for $600 with the bagger. My dealer only offered $300 for it as a trade in. Mine was well maintaine also with just a small crack in the front grill. Around here anyway unfortunately they don't have much resale value.

Hate to say it but the K46 was about the only thing on mine I didn't have any problems with.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just last week i seen a used K66R transaxle on ebay for 700.00. That was what it was bid up too. I dont know what the final selling price was. I know people are looking for them. You might take the parting out route may very well come out ahead if you dont mind the work.

Whats the different in my G110 and yours when it comes to the plow attachment ?

Looking for one :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts