My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Yep that's an Original Tractor Cab. Looks the same as the one on my JD that I paid a "little" more for :)

·
6,553 Posts
Wow that was quick! Thanks slkpk... certainly looks like their product.

I haven't been able to find this exact configuration on their website though. I'm guessing either it's been discontinued or they just aren't showing it in the gallery...

So I downloaded a couple manuals for models that looked close, but so far no match for the shape of the frame in this one.

I suppose even if I had the manual and completed the frame it probably won't match my tractor anyway so looks like I'm in for some frame or bracket fabbing regardless.

Cool... I thought maybe it was a $400-500 item like the Bercomacs but at $750+ (new) I feel even more lucky to have found one for free. That's almost in full metal cab territory. This one must have been made with that "luxury vinyl".

Nice! Yours is quite a bit cleaner too. What is your cab's model number? It looks pretty similar (although not exact) to this one.. maybe if I download your model's manual I might get lucky and find that the frame is similar too.

Also do you happen to have any pictures showing where the frame attaches to the tractor that aren't hidden by the outer canvas? That could be helpful as I'm fabbing something up.
Yours will clean up nice too, all you need is some armor all for the vinyl and a product for the windows which are actually thin lexan. You can get polish kits for these types of windows from Boat shops, you can go on-line to West Marine and I'm sure they have probably 15 different products for rejuvenating these windows, as most boats have "Isenglass" as well.

I don't have an OTC Model # as JD has the official rights to the cab (thus the reason it was $969.00 and not $700 like all the other cabs they make). But here's the JD Part Number and the JDParts diagram!

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

I don't have any great photos of how it goes on, but basically it bolts to the floor pan under the foot tread plates.

And the back parts of the frame mount where the grab handles go

·
6,553 Posts
Yeah my cam takes decent pics, the first pic was my Blackberry and it sucks at taking pics.. But sometimes when I am working on something it's faster just to snap a pic with the blackberry, I usually drag out the real camera when I'm done! :)

I don't have any particular recommendations on the Isenglass polish, I've never used any as I treated all my boat's canvas with kid gloves! :)

You do have to handle this stuff delicately as it will scratch just by looking at it the wrong way. I'm not real impressed with this cab considering what I paid for it.. But I had no point of reference before I ordered it, just some photos on the net. It will get the job done, but a hard cab, it isn't! :)

And the JD instructions were horrid.. I swear there's 50 pieces to the frame and I had to go solely off that stinking diagram posted above! :)

·
6,553 Posts
Paul,

That project turned out great! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.