My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local Craigslist mower that I just couldn't pass up.

I'm actually thinking about restoring this one since I already have the other 21" as the daily driver for the cabin.

I am curious about the handle. Would it have had a plastic wrap or was it just bare paint from the factory?

It is a 5022 19 inch version. I got it home, dumped some gas in it, and it started first pull.

...Lee

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Nice score
I love bricktops
That handle would have had a plastic grip originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,541 Posts
Great find! That should be a 1973, one year only model. I have a 5023 from 1974 and 2 5024's from '75 and '77. If you need a handle cover I have a big roll of the PVC cover material. I can hook you up cheap. Send me a PM if interested. Bill

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,943 Posts
Very nice find! And it started on the first pull! I have a couple of those 1973 brick tops and really love them. My 21 inch 7022 has been my daily driver this year. The 5022 has yet to cut since the restore. I just can’t bring myself to get it dirty. Thanks again to Bill (Yard Nazi) for finding me those NOS wheels.

Attachments

·
5,541 Posts
In looking closer at that handle it does not appear that it ever had a handle cover, although one could easily be added for comfort when mowing. Scott (lbuser64) states that it originally was just a painted handle. Bill

Rex~Thanks for sharing your pictures again and making us drool. :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
good morning Lee
great looking mower and to thank Yards Nazi Bill for this good comment about the handle
if also look closely at middle of the handle it has through handle bar clip for use prop rod
through the handle i have nos clips for the through handle prop rods
have a great day your lawn-boy friend
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Interesting info guys. I just learned something again as I had no idea that some handles didn’t have the grip cover on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts