My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is on a Toro 10441 push mower. Toro used them when they bought LB. When they used them up, the 10441 got a B+S. Pretty sure the coil died or something. So a little searching got me the info that it's a late model LB 2 stroke. I always thought it was a Tecumseh..does it have any parts I can use on either an F Series or a Dura-Force ? All info welcome TIA :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a lot of parts that are the same as an "F" engine. The crankshaft seals, the piston,the rings, the reed valves, the roller bearings on the crankshaft, the exhaust gasket (between cylinder head and exhaust plate). The blade adapter, the blade, the wheels and wheel bolts.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I have the same LB as you do. Mine is a 1995 and it has been a great mower mechanically. I like having the grass outlet to the left for my lawn. It louder than my other LBs I own both F and Duraforces. The metal deck makes it sound tinny when running. Like it is shooting BBs at the deck but as said it is light and is a great trim mower which is what I use it for. It is the Toro on the end of the lineup in the picture. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
The V engine is my favorite of the LB engines, I use my ratty old silver series more than my duraforce and my commercial F. As phototone said, all of the engine internals are the same as the F series engine. Only difference is the outside of the block, V has square fins as opposed to the F’s round fins. The ignition coil and engine brake are the same parts as the duraforce. Roger described the sound perfectly, and they are generally pretty vibratey little engines, but once set up, they are very reliable strong runners. I always wanted one of the toros with the V engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts