My Tractor Forum banner

SB800 grease for chute

1188 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  black88mx6
My chute is currently clean w/out grease. What would be the best grease to use on it. Lithium? Silicone?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
The black plastic piece that separates the chute from the blower body does a pretty good job of making it move easily. The problem is when water freezes in this joint. I use silicon grease to prevent the ice from adhering to the pieces.
The black plastic piece that separates the chute from the blower body does a pretty good job of making it move easily. The problem is when water freezes in this joint. I use silicon grease to prevent the ice from adhering to the pieces.
I was thinking of some water resistant (marine) lithium grease. The manual says to grease between the chute and the black plastic. Also grease the sleeves where the rotating chute gear ties into. Not sure about the notches on the chute itself.

I noticed that I have the pad for the hood on the back of the blower chute. Did you bend this down on yours? It looks like it would gouge the hood if it was raised even with the pad.
See less See more
The pad is angled down at about 45* and I think I did bend it to match the hood. The foam pad has prevented any scratching.

Attachments

See less See more
The pad is angled down at about 45* and I think I did bend it to match the hood. The foam pad has prevented any scratching.
I will need to bend mine like that. It is currently straight across, and does no good. Thanks for the pic!
Used some clear lithium marine grease on plastic parts under shoot and on the chute gear bushings. Everything moves very smooth and easy now. Will see how it goes with snow/ice.

My 4518 plus snowblower is really coming together!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.