My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This not a hate post. I'm not much of a poster but I lurk quite a bit. My 1985 John Deere 316 served me very well over the last 3 years I've owned it. But The engine is tired, steering sloppy and the hydro leaks. I did not want to invest so much time and money into an older not very valuable or sought after machine like its brother the 318.

I took delivery of my new SCUT, a 2020 Kioti CS2510. I cannot wait to get some worth done with it and will be selling my Deere. I'm off to bigger and better things. Ill be sure to stop by every once in a while

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3899.jpg

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ok, there is a step up. :)

I bought a newer tractor for pretty much the same reason. I am getting tired of having to work on them. That, and a gentleman came by an offered me the right amount of money for my gravelys...... :D

That said, my 445 (wifes tractor) is sitting out in the garage, partially disassembled, waiting patiently for me to get back to it. :D

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
I'll still be seeing you over at the SCUT forum. fun to have both

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
drabe1,

You're going to be miserable not popping in here for fixes, looking up parts, searching similar issues that you have.

What fun is it running carefree not wondering if the last part truly was the fix, every pop, crack, what was that, why did it just die, I don't get it, use it, put it away and it's ready to go next time.

What about your tools, they are just going to rust away.

Nice machine, enjoy.

CCMoe

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't know anything about Kioti but, functionally, that's a VERY nice upgrade! I'll do the same someday when I trade my 332 for a 1025R! Congratulations!

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,885 Posts
Who knows maybe he got so the better half will claim it. If she does, we want pictures of the CEO/CFO out working it! :unsure: :devilish:

·
garden tractor junkie
156 Posts
I bet the deere 316 will still outlast the Kioti! in 3 years lets see what you have to fix on the new machine and the cost of the repairs. A lot of farmers in my area and all over the country are switching back to the older equipment because it is cheaper to maintain and you can maintain it. The new stuff is more complex and to much electronic crap on it. You could have gotten yourself a Deere compact and supported the U.S.A economy. Good luck with the new machine

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pretty tractor. If it’s anything like my Brother in laws “Bota”, you’ll be finding more work than you could have dreamed of. We had a cook out at his house and he went by one way, on the tractor, couple minutes later came back with a bicycle in the bucket. One of the young kids wanted it, and there is no way he was going to walk 75 yards to the shed and carry that heavy bike back.

·
Super Moderator
15,897 Posts
Ok Guys get the torches & Pitch forks and the stake and Burn Pile ready for the heretic 😈

Seriously congratulation on the new Tractor (y)

But one thing You May find is the Sub Compacts just don't Have the Maneuverability for Mowing that a Garden tractor does Both My Previous JD 1 series & My current JD 2025R have or had Mowing decks that ended Up spending there time On a shelf Because My Garden tractors are Just so much better at mowing the Lawn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with kioti because after getting sticker shock from Deere for a quote on an x580 with a blower and then a 1 series I did not feel they were worth the extra cost

·
Super Moderator
15,897 Posts
I went with kioti because after getting sticker shock from Deere for a quote on an x580 with a blower and then a 1 series I did not feel they were worth the extra cost
Deere's our worth the extra cost

What You Have to watch out for are some of the smaller Brands weather or Not they will still be around In 10 years Or How Long they will support a Tractor Model for.

Deere, Kubota, Massey, New Holland and Case IH Tend to support there Old Tractors for a Long Time( Deere still supports 100 year old Tractors( not every part But You can still get Most gasket kits for a Waterloo Boy) Some of these smaller Brands end up Folding or our bought Out or Just leave the North American Market. Not saying Kioti will do that But they Might!

Montana tractor is a good example of that 2004 till 2011 and there gone.

The good thing Daedong(kioti) has Been Here 27 years which is a good sign But the question there is Can you still get support for that 1993 Kioti LK3054(as a example). Companies Like TYM have Been swallowing Up Many of there Korean competitors lately.

The Kioti Dealership where You Bought Your Tractor are they the Only One In Your Area?

Are there Other Kioti dealers In Your area owned By another owner?

See companies Like Deere have a very Large dealership Network I have at least 5 different Deere dealership Outfits with in 1hr or Less driving distance from My House so if a Outfit I use closes I Can go to another to still support My Deere (y)

·
Parts collector
3,403 Posts
Deere's our worth the extra cost

What You Have to watch out for are some of the smaller Brands weather or Not they will still be around In 10 years Or How Long they will support a Tractor Model for.

Deere, Kubota, Massey, New Holland and Case IH Tend to support there Old Tractors for a Long Time( Deere still supports 100 year old Tractors( not every part But You can still get Most gasket kits for a Waterloo Boy) Some of these smaller Brands end up Folding or our bought Out or Just leave the North American Market. Not saying Kioti will do that But they Might!

Montana tractor is a good example of that 2004 till 2011 and there gone.

The good thing Daedong(kioti) has Been Here 27 years which is a good sign But the question there is Can you still get support for that 1993 Kioti LK3054(as a example). Companies Like TYM have Been swallowing Up Many of there Korean competitors lately.

The Kioti Dealership where You Bought Your Tractor are they the Only One In Your Area?

Are there Other Kioti dealers In Your area owned By another owner?

See companies Like Deere have a very Large dealership Network I have at least 5 different Deere dealership Outfits with in 1hr or Less driving distance from My House so if a Outfit I use closes I Can go to another to still support My Deere (y)
I agree. My dad bought a Foton (China made) with a FEL, cab and a 3-pt backhoe. 50HP perkins copy diesel 5 years ago for his property. I used it for 10 hrs from new, before he even did and the control handle for the FEL snapped off. A year later he was having trouble with the FEL lifting the whole way or at all. 1.5 hrs from the nearest dealer he had to haul it back for service. It worked for 6 months and started up again. A year after that the dealer closed up shop because he couldn't get parts. Now dad has to retro fit all his hydro lines to SAE fittings because he can't get the China metrics anymore. AND the FEL still doesn't lift correctly.

While $25K for a 4x4 50hp tractor with a FEL and backhoe is a great price, the down time, hauling it to the dealer, and now retrofitting parts stinks. On top of the fact that it's still has FEL problems.

I'll buy the old stuff thanks.

But hey to each their own and it really is a good looking tractor. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I have a state trooper friend that has had a still has several John Deere mowers and he bought a Kioti, sub compact size tractor. I'm sure the savings over green influenced his purchase but he is rather savy about these things. I don't think the Kioti is not far behind a Kubota in quality IMO.

The OP's machine looks very nice.

CCMoe

·
Registered
685 Posts
A decade ago I was big tractor shopping. The Deere dealers (there were more than one back then, now only one with multiple locations) were very proud of their machines and not very helpful. I ended up buying a Kubota. It has been great. I also looked at TYM and a few other no-name brands. They were cheaper, but I am glad that I went with the Kubota. I would have bought the Deere if any of the dealers actually dealt at all. I am sure I would have been happy with the 2520 I was considering. It actually is better in some ways than the B2620 I bought, position control and quick attach for the bucket being the most important ones. I knew about QA, but Deere's is special, which has its advantages and disadvantages. I didn't know what position control was at the time, or how nice it can be. Deere has fewer choices than Kubota, which gives Kubota a little more price advantage of you don't know exactly what you want.

I am sure you will enjoy your Kioti and I hope it lasts a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
This not a hate post. I'm not much of a poster but I lurk quite a bit. My 1985 John Deere 316 served me very well over the last 3 years I've owned it. But The engine is tired, steering sloppy and the hydro leaks. I did not want to invest so much time and money into an older not very valuable or sought after machine like its brother the 318.

I took delivery of my new SCUT, a 2020 Kioti CS2510. I cannot wait to get some worth done with it and will be selling my Deere. I'm off to bigger and better things. Ill be sure to stop by every once in a while

View attachment 2459330
View attachment 2459331
Beautiful machine and congrats! Should get a lot of good use out of that. Nice choice. Enjoy it and don't forget to post lots of pics of you using it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congratulations! New and Shining! Not a scratch......Get it DIRTY....THEN it's a tractor. I hope you enjoy it....your excitement is obvious. I'm a JD guy, too, but I wish you the best!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I just watched a good video about a guy looking for a new tractor. The dealer sells Kubota's and JD's but was showing only the JD. He was looking at the 1 series and the dealer told him that he should not expect the mowing to be as good as a dedicated mower. The guy then went on to mow the dealer's yard and thought it looked ok to him. It wasn't that good but he had a lot of yard so it didn't really matter. Just some info when you start mowing that your old mower probably mowed nicer than the new one. It won't matter though because the smile on your face will be so big you'll have bugs on your teeth!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts