My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Yes, look at the pic I sent with the deere emblem on it, the tabs should be down and are designed to fit right behind the front "bumper" and then you should just be able to push it in at the top and it snaps in.

f you do decide to put a emblem on it you will find some cutouts on the rear where some cross bracing for the emblem can be put in place. Most people just try to hold it on with the two nuts and that never works well. I think I used 3/8"w x 1/8" thick steel strap for that.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,599 Posts
A prior owner replaced the shutoff valve with pipe while doing an oil change. That is how that pipe got there. Yeap, grill is upside down. Prior owner fix do to breaking off of clip that retains the grill in place.

·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I put the pipe on there..it only had a plug when I went to change the oil...I took the grill off...2 screws....but if I turn it around the holes don't line up....were the screws a modification too?..and yes 1 clip is missing...I'll just drill new holes...it's not like new wallpaper or paint where I would not want to make a hole in the wall to hang a picture

·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
OK...now I get it that clip grabs the lip at the top and is supposed to hold the grill in place ....I had to pull that clip apart a little to get it to surround that piece at the top front....but it didn't seem very secure ....so I just drilled holes and used those screw again...will probably weld wing nuts onto them for easy off / on ...besides that will offer a very customized look...you know...to accent that paint job ?
Now back to the manual to figure out how to get the belt from the mowing deck off

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Well the front adjusting knob on the mule drive is missing so you can loosen it. The next best way is to get the two arms from the deck to the frame off that will allow the deck to move forward and release tension on the belt.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts