My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked that little tractor, but I really wanted the power steering.....your eyes are not playing tricks...someone did a really bad paint job

By By Cub

·
Super Moderator
11,332 Posts
Condolences on the Cub, and congratulations on the 318, Mark. It looks like you found a nice tractor. A little JD green paint will take care of the swimming pool blue.

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts
Looks like someone used the Tractor supply JD green on that thing and it faded. Same thing happened to my 300. Nice setup!

·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the yellow has been painted with some off color paint also...I got a good deal on it...it is going to take some work.....alternator light is staying on for one thing....when working on the engines...do you guys take the side panels off....or just try reaching in there?..or work from underneath?

·
We're all friends here
14,001 Posts
I guess you'll be busy, Mark. Good luck with it. (y)

·
That Guy
1,082 Posts
Very nice, and I suspect you'll appreciate taking the time to remove the side panels. It will make your life so much easier when you're working on it.

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
HUMM !! Can' see the grill for the Grill Emblem ??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congratulations on the tractor, AND the FEL. I've had to paint tractors and the best paint for your size job, or any size job, can be purchased at Home Depot. Here's the link below.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Congrats Mark. You're gonna be happy with PS when using that loader. So glad I have it on my 3240 when moving 400lbs in the bucket.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thank you for the nice comments...and the tip on where to get that paint
I was pretty surprised when I found that HD had the paint. Plus, it's Rustoleum, tough as nails, and the JD green is a perfect match. I bought two (2) cases and it was about $25 per case. Cheap enough, especially for the good stuff. Get that old crap off and have at it. You have a great machine that looks like it will come back pretty good with just a little bit of TLC. Have fun!!!

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Not everyone has or knows how to use HVLP gun. I have good results with the spay cans, well except for bugs that seem to think every fresh painted surface is a landing zone.

·
10,401 Posts
You got a slightly more capable tractor and the ps will be nice in your tight quarters.
The IH was a better looking tractor, however.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
You got a slightly more capable tractor and the ps will be nice in your tight quarters.
The IH was a better looking tractor, however.
Wait till he get's it painted and a emblem on the front!!! Or are you just yellow, black and white biased??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts