My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
It's a little over three hundred miles from me, but I haven't see one closer.
There are some brothers from West Virginia [I forget their names - sorry - but they have that gorgeous old "L", painted in WVU Mountaineer colors] who often come to the Mow-In with some aftermarket [non-OEM?] versions of the scoop.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
There are some brothers from West Virginia [I forget their names - sorry - but they have that gorgeous old "L", painted in WVU Mountaineer colors] who often come to the Mow-In with some aftermarket [non-OEM?] versions of the scoop.
I think they sold all that they had.

You can find mow-in info here;

Gravely Tractor Club of America: www.gravelytractorclub.org

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe someday they'll do one of those mow-ins in the south east, or at least a little closer. Oh well, mean time I guess I've decided just to hope I find one of those scoops a few miles closer to home someday.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Maybe someday they'll do one of those mow-ins in the south east, or at least a little closer.
Yeah, I have long thought that something in the general vicinity of Clemmons, NC, would be pretty awesome.

Just a few minutes into town is the "Old Salem" portion of Winston-Salem, and about 45 minutes north of Clemmons there are some very nice wineries [Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, Old North State Winery in Mt Airy, and Round Peak Vineyards, near the I-74/I-77 interchange].

In fact, anything in the Dobson/Mt Airy/Round Peak area would be a TON of fun - and, come to think of it, would be a pretty excellent place for us to put the "Gravely Museum" - if we ever got around to creating it.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Yeah, I have long thought that something in the general vicinity of Clemmons, NC, would be pretty awesome.

Just a few minutes into town is the "Old Salem" portion of Winston-Salem, and about 45 minutes north of Clemmons there are some very nice wineries [Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, Old North State Winery in Mt Airy, and Round Peak Vineyards, near the I-74/I-77 interchange].

In fact, anything in the Dobson/Mt Airy/Round Peak area would be a TON of fun - and, come to think of it, would be a pretty excellent place for us to put the "Gravely Museum" - if we ever got around to creating it.
Mt Airy, NC home of Ray's Starlight Diner and Motel. RIP

We could have a Gravely race up I-77 from the state line to Hillsville. We might even pass some semis on the way to the top. :D

·
Banned
647 Posts
a Gravely race up I-77 from the state line to Hillsville
Before or after we hit Shelton Vineyards, Old North State Winery, and Round Peak Vineyards?

There's nothing quite like Gravely-ing under the influence ["GUI" or "GWI"].

And that is one serious grade on the road to Hillsville.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
And that is one serious grade on the road to Hillsville.
Gravely Durability Mow V2. :D Drinks optional but it will take most Gravelys 2 hours to get to the top. Better bring plenty of water.

I can start at the bottom of the hill at about 10 MPH and top it at better than 65 weighing about 18 K on an 85° day with the truck and trailer. But you should see the number of dead trucks/semis/cars/motorhomes on a day like that.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts

And while you're there you can check out Tanglewood, where some of the outdoor pictures for the Gravely brochures were shot (at least, the ones that didn't have snow in them).

·
Banned
647 Posts
Mt Airy, NC home of Ray's Starlight Diner and Motel. RIP

We could have a Gravely race up I-77 from the state line to Hillsville. We might even pass some semis on the way to the top. :D
Gravely auger.

On Highway 52, in Cana, Virginia, just below Fancy Gap & Hillsville. Looking due west to the cliffs where I-77 enters the mountains.

On the way home, I stopped at Aunt Bea's, in Mt Airy, and got some pork BBQ.

Turns out it was "western" style, with a red sauce.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Gravely auger.

On Highway 52, in Cana, Virginia, just below Fancy Gap & Hillsville. Looking due west to the cliffs where I-77 enters the mountains.

On the way home, I stopped at Aunt Bea's, in Mt Airy, and got some pork BBQ.

Turns out it was "western" style, with a red sauce.
That section of 52 I haven't been on in decades. I wonder how my truck would like the old grade?

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
They could do a mow in in conjunction with the SE Old Threshers Reunion in Denton.. not far from Clemons. Always 4th of July weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts