My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,000 +posts!
20,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local small engine swap meet/show Saturday,and saw many neat things,not the least of which was a 1928 "CENTAUR" walk behind tractor,with a sulky..the thing was larger than a typical farm tractor like a 8N!..said it was made by the "Central Tractor Company" ,and someone had repowered it with a two cylinder Wisconsin engine...it had skinny solid looking rubber tires AND spiked cast iron wheels right beside them..tires were only 3" wind,but about 3 feet tall!..the tranny looked like it would be right at home in a 2-1/2 ton truck too..I never saw one as large as that one!..

There were several other things I'd love to have bought there too..a nice 3 HP Yanmar diesel engine that ran sweet,a few 3 cylinder Kubota gas and diesel engines,at least 6 Clinton 4 HP engines and K91 Kohlers,most with gear reduction boxes in real nice shape for 35 bucks each,probably off cranberry picking machines,and some HUGE one cylinder Wisconsins and Briggs engines too..saw the remains of a lawn tractor with an 18 HP Briggs vertical twin for 35 bucks too..and a nice old portable Fairbanks generator with a like new AKN Wisconsin for 100 bucks!..

The guy who's property the event was held on is like a museum,he has at least a dozen Model A and T Fords in various states of restoration,he also even has a miniature railroad track running through his property,and he made his own "train" and caboose,it used a IHC Cub Cadet rear end coupled to a Wisconsin with a hand operated wet clutch setup,and the flatcar looked to be made from railroad track!..the gentleman is now 80,and has decided he will part with some of his collection..there were also at least 6 old Honda motorcycles lined up too!..

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Wish people would mention these shows before they happen! we need a buletin board or calendar for stuff like this. Did you get any pics of that big tractor?

·
15,000 +posts!
20,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
South Middleboro,almost at the Wareham/Carver line..I wanted to go back Sunday too,but I went to a flea market 30 miles away near Providence in the morning,was almost noon by the time I got home,and figured it would have been deserted by the time I got there..wish I had a camera too..

The club is having another swap meet and show at the Plymouth Airport in September...other events by other clubs are scheduled all over MA and New England,just about every month there is one or two at least..

I did post about this event on the "Tractor Pulls,and Events" Forum on Friday..If you google "Small Engine Swap Meets" you can usually find listings in your area..

·
Registered
100 Posts
It sounded like the show that is held in Whatley, MA but that isn't till September I think. Thought I missed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts