My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hydrocarbon sniffer
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are any of you folks familiar with this tractor company?? I'm not but I *just* found an ad in the Shopper for a 25HP w/ FEL for $3500 o.b.o. Thats $1400 better than the crapped out Ford 1200 down the street which is probably on a smaller chassis and closer to the size that I need, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices -:rolleyes:

I don't even know if it's still available but I'm supposing that I should check out the hitch class, look for hydraulic leaks and the usual wear/ and more so the tear on this age of tractor. Any other hints would be appreciated.
Later,
Chiz

edit: I found it on tractordata.com and it appears to be a BisonS670, made between 1980 and 1984. Just based on its position on the list of models, it looks to be one of the more powerful and, therefore, larger framed tractors. Probably too big for my 2 acres and not that much heavy work for it (besides housing the behemoth).

·
Registered
532 Posts
that's a nice tractor...but they had some issues with blocks or heads cracking (I forget which...I think it was blocks)...sold under the Beaver name. still a nice machine.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Wow, never heard about the 4 cylinder Mistubishi having crack issues, but do remember something about the Beaver small engined ones. Even the 2WD with a FEL at that price is an excellent deal...if it runs ok. I would pick it up in a heartbeat, even if it needed some mechanical attention, for that price.

Mitsubishi built for IH and Cub Cadet for years.

Mark

·
Hydrocarbon sniffer
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that it sounded pretty good too but it does turn out to be larger than I can accomodate. I called my computer guru who has a small cut and it turned out to be a Satoh. He filled me inand said that other than breaking the steering box and spending $300 on a new one he had no problems.
Thaks,
Chiz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi'

I have a 1982 Satoh S670D Bison 4 cylinder diesel. I bought it brand new and now have around 1000 hours on it and the only breakdown I had was an $.85
cent snap ring break inside the lower left front axle and the stub axle slid out.Unfortunately I was in a mud pit at the time so it was tough to fix since it couldn't be moved.
It is reasonably easy to find parts for these units, at least in this part of the country, and most implements will fit. It is the same general size as the 8N ford I used to have.
I would buy another Satoh/Mitsubishi in a minute.

Nick Jansen
Coos Bay, OR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts