My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed it, let it sit out and dry in hot sun. Moved it to where I keep it parked, backed it in, and suddenly the clutch stuck. No resistance to pedal. Can change gears while off, can start in gear. Tried riding down the road at top speed, jamming on brakes many times. Graded the driveway w/ rear blade. Too muddy to push against a tree, tires would spin. Left it to cool off with clutch pedal blocked down. There's a pipe plug hole in the bottom of the bell housing, but too small to see into well or get much of a tool into. I hate to pry or hammer or spray WD40 when I can't see what I'm doing.

What else can I try?

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help with stuck clutch appreciated.

I washed it, let it sit out and dry in hot sun. Moved it to where I keep it parked, backed it in, and suddenly the clutch stuck. No resistance to pedal. Can change gears while off, can start in gear. Tried riding down the road at top speed, jamming on brakes many times. Graded the driveway w/ rear blade. Too muddy to push against a tree, tires would spin. Left it to cool off with clutch pedal blocked down. There's a pipe plug hole in the bottom of the bell housing, but too small to see into well or get much of a tool into. I hate to pry or hammer or spray WD40 when I can't see what I'm doing.

What else can I try?

Thanks
So I read some posts about removing the starter and spraying kerosene or various things on the clutch for about a week. I'm on the 3rd day of that. I can get to the flywell and clutch pretty well, but not the backside of the clutch. I figure since it's splined onto the shaft I don't need to, or should I be trying to spray there too? I could try drilling a small hole in the bell housing at about the right spot to spray in there. I'm spraying a section with PB Blaster, then turning the flywheel(clutch turns with it) and spraying the next section, till I go all the way around. Also been tapping on the edge of the clutch with a punch, not too hard. I'm not splitting the tractor, know very little about clutches. If this doesn't work, I'll sell it as is/for parts and move on to working on my new-to-me 755.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts