My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend recently picked up a Satoh Beaver s370d. It needed some work and most of that work has been done. When he got it, there was no oil in the hydraulics. It had sat for a while.

We've got the hydraulic oil in it. There are no noises coming from the pump. We know we are getting oil to the pump. The arms for the 3 pt hitch still will not lift. We temporarily removed the screen because that seems to be the cause of some of these issues, but the arms still will not raise.

1. Any ideas on what might be the cause of the problem?
2. Where do we check the pressure on this tractor?
3. Where is the relief valve?
4. I couldn't find a manual in the reference library. Anyone know of a free download site for one? Haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,251 Posts
You won't really hear anything from the pump unless you max out at the top and don't bring the lever back to neutral. At least, that's the way it is with mine. On the right side (brake pedal side) there is an adjustment in behind the linkage rod for the three point. They show a small lever in the book but I don't know if that's the way mine looks or not. If it is on yours then see where it's positioned. This lever adjusts the speed of the three point arms and will also lock them in place if desired. That MAY be the problem. If the adjustment lever is toward the front of the tractor (or turned clockwise the whole way), then you are locked. Simply turn it counter-clockwise until it moves and then adjust for the speed you want. If need be, I'll post a pic or two to better explain.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look in front or beside the seat for a flow control valve.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions. Here's the latest

We've got flow of oil to the back housing. We found the pressure relief spring and ball.

We've got oil to the left side/drivers side, but no oil on the on the other side (the pressure relief and lower control valve side). We've taken them out and can blow air and feel it side to side, but no oil.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Still sounds to me like you have the flow control valve in the locked position.

Reason being is that all of the remote/rear hydraulics are off the passenger side and these are disabled when your flow control valve is in the locked (or very very slow) positon.

The flow control valve can be very stiff when it is in the locked position on the Satoh/Mitsubishi. Not sure why this is as it is a pain in the arse when I need a wrench to increase flow sometimes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Passenger, left whatever side you want to call it. When I sit in the seat it is my left.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As to question about how much flow on left side, A lot... and enough that when the oring fell out, it pushed oil out after it was bolted with no o ring

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I even took the flow control valve and the pressure relief out at the same time. Now I did get the ball out in the relief. The flow, might have a ball or something like it that is really stuck in there, but I dont know what's supposed to be in there... so I'd say its possible. But in my mind the oil goes to relief first, because if the flow is stopped, pressure builds when running and it would destroy something.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Mitsu I&T says:

Left is specifically MT160/D the right side is MT180 through MT300D, which I think are close to the S370 as Mitsu did not change much.

I have a Beaver manual around here somewhere ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts