My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to jas11964 for sending me the instruction book on this little guy.

A little history, I bought this tractor from an estate sale. It was just parked in the field. The son said it ran when it was parked 3 or 4 years ago. I gave him 600 dollars and brought it home. It came with the front bucket, a rear pto driven bush hog and it has the coolest little back hoe. After draining the fuel and putting in fresh, it started right up. Once you guys helped me figure how to turn it off, I replaced the oil and filter.

The next issue on my list is that I can't get it int gear and the tractor seems to be locked up. Nor do the hydraulics work. I just saw in the book that the hydraulic system and tranny share the same hydraulic fluid. I am hoping that once I drain what is in there and refill it that it will solve both of those problems. Any suggestions?

·
Still plays with tractors
2,251 Posts
Wow, that's a heck of a deal even if you have to do some work to it. When you say "can't get it into gear" and "seems to be locked up", do you mean the gear shift won't move? If it's been parked out in the weather for 3 or 4 years, it could be anything. How did you get it home if it seems to be locked up?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine (different model) had a problem with the 2-4wd shifter being stuck that I really did not solve until I had the top of the case off. It as well had been sitting for a while.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gear shifter seems like it is in neutral but it won't go into any of the gears. Even though I think it is in neutral the wheels do not turn. I think when we initially got it, it did roll but now it feels like the brakes are engaged. The gear pedals do push in and out but I guess they could be locked. I'll have to look at that more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts