1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Pretty interesting, Dean. I wonder why they give two different dates (July 8 and 9) though? Not much rain here lately, so maybe the skies will be clear.

When I lived on the west coast of Florida, you could still see the shuttle taking off from Cape Canaveral on the east coast. There was one time I remember the shuttles estimated time over Crystal River was like 3:00 am. I worked midnight shift, and was going to listen/watch for it. I forgot all about it until I heard a big "Ba-BOOM!". Like a moron, I ran down the hallway to the front door like I was going to actually see it or something. It was probably landing by then. LOL Amazing stuff, especially in a ship that looks like the bottom is made of duct tape.

I seen a pic on the internet a long time ago, and have not been able to find it since. It was a pic of Florida like looking north from the keys. You could see the whole state which just looked green, with Lake Okeechobe (sp) visible. Ive searched for it a couple times, but have never found it again.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts