My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, two tecs H35 one is 1978ish other 2000, old one has 5\8 shaft other 3\4 now is the torq different on these two? I used the cam and carb off the 2000 on the old one but seens that it just struggles to drive the tiller unless its over reved, the old one had the diaphram type carb, and its APITA to try and get the newer carb set , has to run 4000 plus rpms to get any power, now the older one Im useing has very few hours the cross hatch was still there, I used it for about an hour to till but just isnt right , tried adjusting the gov but that was no help eather ED

·
15,000 +posts!
20,824 Posts
I'd guess the newer carb is set up much leaner than the 70's one to lower emissions...which results in less power....the diaphram carbs might be jetted a bit richer and do a better job of delivering fuel when the tiller is tilted too,something a float carb isn't that good at...the diaphram carb could probably run upside down without any trouble,thats why chain saws use them,since they are often operated at all kinds of angles and positions...

Also some Tecumsehs are not all the same,despite both being the same rated HP...some "HS" series engines have different bore or stroke than a plain "H" engine does,if you get one with a shorter stroke you'll notice the difference in power especially,one with a shorter stroke will have to rev higher to do the same amount of work...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TH I mic-ed both bore and strokes they are the same for both engines you may be right on the fuel delv from the carbs as I cant seem to find any other thing as of yet , ED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts