My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this cage so my kid could drive me around the yard to trim my willow tree's. it's much safer than trying to stand in the bucket with a running chainsaw :maddd:also it will be great for cleaning the eaves and painting the gable ends of the house.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Now THAT IS a nicely done and useful project! You feel perfectly safe with it and so would I but... I see the "Hands Over the Eyes" folks wringing their hands and getting ready to print up their little yellow safety stickers and mumbling even as we speak...:ROF:D

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Now THAT IS a nicely done and useful project! You feel perfectly safe with it and so would I but... I see the "Hands Over the Eyes" folks wringing their hands and getting ready to print up their little yellow safety stickers and mumbling even as we speak...:ROF:D
Screw the stickers. They get all over ya when yer trying to put them on. Nothing worse than having to use "Goo Gone" on yer eyebrow to get all the glue out. As for the "Hands Over the Eyes" crowd, how do the manage to see where they're going.

Great job on the basket "oh_lenny".

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Great job!

I hoisted my son with the bucket many times last summer to trim some tree limbs. He had a hard time balancing in the bucket and I'm sure he would have loved to have had something like that to work out of! Just be reasonable and safety minded and it should be a great useful piece of equipment (no stickers required). :fing32:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice idea! Looks like you did a real nice job, that will come in handy!

I still have several trees that need a trimming and I was just going to stand in the bucket but now you have me thinking different!

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Looks real good.:thThumbsU

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I like it. Of course, if he asks for a raise in his allowance while you're in the bucket, then what?

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
who needs a safety cage?

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guy's yes it works great I still have to make some type of backup safety latch or chain hookup so it won't fall off and maybe a tool holder, and definately a beverage holder just in case the boy does want a raise in his allowance.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
STICKERS??? I was thinking a chair,rifle,cooler w/beer.Perfect "home-boy" deer stand!!

·
Kubota Cowboy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a great idea, never thought of using it as a tree stand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts