My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Funerals are very expensive, but good funeral directors are worth their weight in gold. Definitely takes a special person to do that job well.

Mike
It was very basic with current conditions, I paid him for everything and will be reimbursed later from a death policy she had. Just one of those things that you want to get taken care of and not worry about it.

CCMoe

Registered
Jeeze Moe,

I just saw this thread.
I'm so sorry for you and your daughter.

Almost lost my gal 2 years ago to a pulmonary embolism out of nowhere caused by a protein S blood deficiency she never knew she had. Crazy!
16 days in hospital and blood thinners for rest of her life now.
Man - life turns on a dime and suddenly you realize that sometimes you may take your loved ones for granted way too much.
I do hug my gal MUCH more these days - and always kiss her good night. We're married 33 years in August.

You hang in 'ol friend.
Chris and I will hang with you in our prayers...馃檹

Renster and Chris

Reactions: CCMoe

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
R of N.H.,

Thank you.

One thing I can suggest is talking, I found that I wanted to ask her a thousand questions, discuss another thousand topics. It sure left a big void that I didn't see coming, unanswered questions, what should we do about this, about that. You don't realize how much you depended on their thoughts, wishes until their gone.

Give that gal an extra hug tonight.

CCMoe

Deceased as of 06 February 2021
I''ve got me one smart wife and I simply know that when her head clears, she'll be able to make, perhaps even better decisions about what to do about things after I'm gone. However, I'll be asking if she'd like any of my input while I'm still able. I'll be feeling badly 'bout leaving her with all the financial things (I remember her checkbook before we married!) The US Army thought I was qualified to be a finance clerk and after 19 Months, came home an E-5.

Administrator - We鈥檙e all friends here
Although I'm hoping to live awhile longer, a few years ago I started a Word doc for my wife on my computer called "Just in Case", with a shortcut on the screen. Ii contains everything she will need to know if something happens to me, including who to notify, accounts, finances, bills, and what to do with every tool, machine and toy I use and she doesn't . I update it at least once a month. Hopefully, if needed, it will make things a bit easier for her during a stressful time. Just something that everyone should think about. :unsure:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Although I'm hoping to live awhile longer, a few years ago I started a Word doc for my wife on my computer called "Just in Case", with a shortcut on the screen. Ii contains everything she will need to know if something happens to me, including who to notify, accounts, finances, bills, and what to do with every tool, machine and toy I use and she doesn't . I update it at least once a month. Hopefully, if needed, it will make things a bit easier for her during a stressful time. Just something that everyone should think about. :unsure:
I need to make one for my daughter.

CCMoe

Registered
I have very much the same thing Al. Although it's not meant to take the place of our estate planning docs. More to supplement it with those things that only I know how to deal with, use, know where they're kept, etc. (y)

Except, mine's a hand written running log.
I too edit/update it at least monthly, and anytime in between that something I'm doing seems should go in it.

Moe - you are spot on with the thousand questions!
I can assure you that our "close call" changed almost every way that I think about my life partner. I simply haven't sweated the small stuff that I used to since! ;)

Hang in Moe... 馃槝

Deceased as of 06 February 2021
When my wife went toxic from liver disease a few years ago, I remember our daughter saying, "I want my mother back". I told her right then, this is what we have to work with and work we did! Her failing liver medications caused her kidneys to practically shut down. I sat up ALL night witht her ramblings. Some of her words were not words at all but numbers! The conversations through the night cannot be remembered due to the fact that they made no sense! This was a real trying time. Simply trying t maintain some sanity in our relationship. My wife wants you to know that she's "All better now".

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
We're getting by, knowing she is no longer fighting diabetes and it's complications comforts us.

Miss her dearly though.

CCMoe

Premium Member
Do you live alone and are now the toughest person in your house or does your daughter live with you and you only worked your way up to second toughest after being third for years? LOL!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Second for sure..............

Daughter is 19 and compilating going to school this fall but with everything going on with Covid-19, I'm not sure how much school there will be this fall. She can go for half price with me working there. Talk is now, start August 24th, shut it down at Thanksgiving, bring students back mid January.

CCMoe

Premium Member
Everything is complicated now. It could be beneficial to just take a year off, work a little or a lot if you can or just have some thinking time. If she is/was super eager to get to school that would be frustrating for her.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I really think the safe play would be to take a year off, my being there anyway, we don鈥檛 need to double our chances.

CCMoe

61 - 74 of 74 Posts