My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't pick either of those models. I'd look for a couple year old X5XX tractor for a better machine. Let someone else pay the depreciation. I have dealt with large quantities of leaves, so yes a mounted bagger works but they clog easily, have limited capacity, and require more demanding labor to empty them. Really the sweet spot is some kind of towed/semi mounted leaf vac. Just the volume decrease alone is worth if nothing else. As others have stated you can spend much more time covering area rather than driving back and forth to your dump area/s. Something else is I have mowed large areas with a 42" deck and for 1.2ac barring tight spaces I'd go up to a 54" deck. The time savings is worth it. Something else is if you can demo some machines go ahead and do it. Drive them and see how they ride and feel to drive. Your going to spend lots of hours on that mower.
I'd concur on the used X5xx. As I mentioned in a post, I'd upgraded and the used X500 I sold a little over 1/2 the price of a new one and in just as good condition (well except for the dumb vinyl seats that crack). And for the money - get a P-cart. I've probably used that as much as anything.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts