My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
D110 is four years old. I have an area that skirts around my pond that requires mowing and a small tractor would probably be risky as it also borders the creek and treeline.

Any idea what the value of a D110 requiring an engine is? Have 140 hours on it.
How did you smoke a D110 in 140 hours?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Those mini trucks are putting a hurtin on the RTV market in WV. They cost half as much, have heat and A/C, full time 4 X4, automatic trans. I see more and more of them.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest an X370. It has a k57 transmission you can change the oil and filter on to extend the life. It also has replaceable spindle bushings in the front and power steering. I bought one three years ago and love it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does your x370 make a rattling noise like is kicking around pebbles in the deck when you mow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, no odd noises, excellent cut. I've had it 3 years and 150hr. Just installed the manual mulch kit recently and working out well. The only problems I've had are a broken lift lever and ripping seat cushion, both replaced under warranty.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm just not a fan of cheaper tractors on hilly/rough ground, for several reasons, safety, convenience, and just plain ole pleasure, and comfort of doing the job. My neighbor who has a smallish yard, but hilly, thought he could get a JD like me and mow his yard. It didn't take long for him to ruin the hydro in a cheap box store JD, and he actually got mad at me, "cause I bought a Deere cause you've always had one and you mow 5 times what I do". Well, I mow about 5 acres of hilly ground and it takes a pretty good garden tractor to handle the rough stuff. I actually broke the frame on my JD 318 mowing some rough ground when I was clearing land, Maybe a fluke or just a bad one, but it lasted several years before that happened and I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I mow with a 425 now and if it flops, I'll go for a X500 or more likely an X700 series tractor. I feel like you just take that as part of the deal of having large, hilly land.
I did mow for a while with an "extra" tractor, a Husqvarna with a Hydrogear 730 tranny and it did handle it far better than I expected, but only a full year of mowing. Also, you just don't get the seat suspension you get on upper grade JD tractors. Suspension makes all the difference in the world, and I won't be going back. I actually added suspension to the 425, and my next new tractor will have it from the factory.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts